Wooshbuild v5

Cdamien1

Could anyone point me in the right direction of the newest wooshbuild download and config settings for both vm and sly on H2H? Ive been hearing great things..

And before anyone says search for it, i have cant find it.. My fault as im new to the site and probably not searching the correct section..

Thanks guys

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot Tamrind.. just had a read there, it doesnt mention being compatible with the H2H does it? Is it compatible?

TIA

Again, thanks :-)

Could you tell me if there is any extra steps or config settings to get vm up and running or does this firmware intuative enough to set that all up for you?

Cheers

looks like V5 only works properly on H2S at the moment (A comment from someone under a youtube clip).

Tamrind, what image would you usually use the H2H? is there anything like Wooshbuild where it practically does it for you??

Cheers :)

I've got openvix running at the moment and am pleased. Never tried wooshbuild so haven't got a clue sorry

Ding Dong life goes on

WooshBuild for the Zgemma H2H is available and fully configured except for tuner B Net ID and AutoBouqetMaker Net ID - which I cannot set for you.

The link given above was to the old site which I had forgotten to change to the new page - This has been fixed.

WooshBuild on any box is supported via this thread: http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/109525-wooshbuild-v5-support-thread.html#post615966 which also has the link to main setup instructions.

It only needs one feature to be added somewhere to WooshBuild and youtube videos are out of date. We released the H2H, ET8500 and Vu+ Zero on the same day and a always trying to add features to WB Config to help everyone.

WooshBuild is now available on the following boxes:

Zgemma S, H2S, HS
Zgemma H2H (OpenATV 6.0)
Zgemma H1*, H2*
Zgemma H5-2S
Vu+ Solo4k - Twin sat
Vu+ Zero (OpenATV 6.0)
Xtrend 8500 (ET8500) - Twin sat (OpenATV 6.0)

Until Boxes marked with * have their own WooshBuild version, you will need AutoBouqetMaker to be used in place of AutoBouquet E2. Due to not having a cable connection we are unable to test or offer support. However, with this said, there are users of all the above boxes using WooshBuild v5 without a problem on cable boxes.

Last edited:
I currently have a box with v4 on it, it seems very stable Is it worth upgrading to v5? What are the main differences between v5 and v4?

Thanks

Stuart

The biggest differences are v5 has plugin feeds for skins and WooshBuild plugins which update from the software updates all online, skin updates for Sky WB and SkyQ are also done this way. Country and region are automated with channel updates, +1 channels bouquet, Irish bouquet, timer backup and restore features, simplified online flashing, SkyQ picons and then the normal stuff you would expect.

v4 will crash is you run a software update on it due to a broken core file indirectly from OpenATV. Everyone on v4 should upgrade to v5 to avoid your box crashing and you having to flash. With an update you are in control of what you backup first etc.

Hi Wooshman

My box is a Star 2S. When I try to do the online flashing, the box blue screens which bombs out the process obviously. What should I do? Local flash? Keen to understand why the online flash isn't working though.

Thanks

This normally requires a manual flash - I don't know why this happens though although it is not to often.

Go to the download section of the site and then download the 2S version for your box. Backup you settings and then follow the instructions for BaseBuild.

Dream explorer will let you input your line manually. Most people though create the file on their computer and copy it to their box using ftp, computer network, dream explorer or easier still the USB Cam Importer from a USB in the front of you box.

Back