World's Largest Helicopter

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Hotelicopter is modeled on the Soviet-made Mil V-12, of which only two prototypes were made. The Hotelicopter Company purchased one of these prototypes from the Mikhail Leontyevich Mil helicopter plant in Panki-Tomilino, Russia in 2004 and have been engineering the world's first flying hotel ever since.

"The Hotelicopter features 18 luxuriously-appointed rooms for adrenaline junkies seeking a truly unique and memorable travel experience. Each soundproofed room is equipped with a queen-sized bed, fine linens, a mini-bar, coffee machine, wireless internet access, and all the luxurious appointments you'd expect from a flying five star hotel. Room service is available one hour after liftoff and prior to landing." The Hotelicopter is due to fly its maiden journey this summer (June 26th) with an undisclosed price.

Dimensions Length: 42m (137 ft)

Height: 28m (91 ft)

Maximum Takeoff Weight: 105.850 kg (232,870 lb)

Maximum speed: 255 km/h (137 kt) (158 miles/h)

Cruising speed: 237 km/h (127 kt) (147 miles/h)

Original Mi Range: 515 km (320 mi)

Augmented Mi Range - 1,296 km (700 mi)

worldslargesthelicopter.jpg

It has to be said that this would be some machine, though the fuel economy would have to be something else to stay up for any time worth you r while staying there. Also, the stability of any helicopter would leave a lot to be desired for a pleasant stay. People gathering in the one place(bar maybe) would also cause no end of problems, when I took a helicopter trip over the grand canyon and the hoover dam, the seating was decided by the company based on weight distribution.

when I took a helicopter trip over the grand canyon and the hoover dam, the seating was decided by the company based on weight distribution.

I took that trip in January too wheelo & the weight order applied also.

The interior of the Hotelecopter reminds me of a hospital lol

You must have private health coverLOL, That certainly aint the Mater or James' hospitals lol

WOW!

I scrolled to the top of the forum to see if this was not in the Comedy Central section! Certainly has an odd shape but looks really luxurious.

I think Charlie Sheen would be interested in taking a ride in one of those? lol

"Hoe on the go" :dunno::leaving:

just sun screen? Did you not see my laptop under the burka lol

No half measures for this lad wheelo LOL

Back