Would this work??!!!

Alboy83

Hi all!

Got a openbox and all going well apart from the recording is not going great, very annoying can't record and watch something else but it's only a cheap box so understandable.

Anyway I have freesat on my tv which I can record to USB when it's up and running, question is could I use the spare Lnb cable that's connected to the openbox as that's only a single tuner and get the free sat up and running?? Or will this conflict with my openbox signal?

Any advice would be appreciated?

You need to have a separate cable from your dish to each device. Then that would be fine to have your freesat on one cable and your openbox on the other.

But just one main cable and the loop will not work as the boxes would have to be on the same channel otherwise one of the boxes would get knocked out.

If you mean you have a spare connection feeding down from the dish like a dual cable that was from a sky+ install, then yes that would work.

Same cable with 2 feeds, one connected to the Lnb on the openbox and the other would be into my tv.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool guys, will either need to think about getting a new twin tuner box or trying out a indoor aerial to get free view on TV so I can record!

It has both and it's on my wall and my cables are behind wall in cupboard! No aerial socket for free view in cupboard and can't use loop for the freesat, so will either have to buy a new box with twin tuner and put openbox up in my bedroom or buy a indoor aerial to see if freeview channels get picked up,, hard decision aaaahhhhhh ha

unsure if tv records programs as very very few can.sounds like you have shotgun cable=2 feeds one going to skybox and other to tv for freesat,freeview is by aerial and a different system dvb/t. if your tv has freeview tuner its not for sat.

It has both trust me, freeview and sat, it's a samsung tv es8000! Records using a USB 2.0 500gb external!! Only reason it has never been set up as I have had sky and no need to set up either.

i try and think ahead of to what i might add and doing a wall install think of all the cables,needed,instead of the usual twin sat cables i have 3 for simple reason if vu is doing loads of recordings i can use my combo box box beside it for extra viewing,if your going to add another cable add more lol.

at least 2 but 3 can give extra box options and with quad tuner boxes?
hdmi cables if tv takes 3 or 4 are you covered.
lan cables and a switch box.
spdif and digital cables for surround.
power cables and surge protection been used?
magic eye options?
might be worth checking into an aerial for freeview,check with local installers to see if it works mounted on sat pole.

if tv has both tuners i would have them working as its free tv but do it correctly to enjoy it.
sat feed and aerial feed can be run down existing sat cable with special splitter [ forgot its name ] and other in room to split back to aerial and sat feed.

Thanks mate, it's defo something I did not think of when sorting out my tv on the wall etc, will try getting the aerial option sorted as I really don't want to be spending £150 plus for a twin tuner box when I don't need to.

Back