X Factor Petition

noelyf

VIP Member
Mary Byrne from Ballyfermot in Dublin and Rebecca Creighton from Tallaght, also in Dublin are through to the X Factor Live Shows. Again, people living in Ireland cannot vote.

Aidan Cooney from TV3`s Ireland AM has started a petition so the Irish can vote in this years live shows.

Please sign our petition if you think people in Ireland should be allowed vote on X-Factor. Mary Byrne from Ireland is competing on X-Factor is one of the favourites to win. I recently had the pleasure of interviewing Mary on TV3’s IrelandAM and she’s fantastic. She’s got wonderful support and we hope she does well. To win X-factor Mary needs as many X-factor votes as possible but unfortunately in this year’s competition there’s no telephone facility for people in Ireland to vote. If you support our petition to help change this to allow people based in Ireland to vote for Mary Byrne then please sign our petition. We’ll present the petition to company that operates X-Factor. If a phone voting facility in Ireland is not forthcoming we’ll ask X-factor to accept the names on our petition as valid votes.

Lets give Aidan our support :)

No need to give your full address, just your area.

>> </title> <link href="/templates/ja_purity/favicon.ico" rel="shortcut icon" type="image/x-icon" /> <link rel="stylesheet" href="http://www.petitions.ie/modules/mod_ampcontact/mod_ampcontact.css" type="text/css" /> <script type="text/javascript" src="/

I Am So Happy for both of them Noely.Well done(y)Will do Petition:happy::happy:

---------- Post added at 08:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Just signed up Noely.Thanks(y)

Just an update on this one Noel, hope you don't mind me posting it here :)

It has been confirmed that Ireland can vote
online see info below :happy:

TV3 CONFIRM THE X FACTOR VOTING NOW OPEN TO THE REPUBLIC OF IRELAND
fade_line.gif

TV3 PRESS RELEASE
IMMEDIATE: Friday 8th October 2010

TV3 announced today that voting lines to The X Factor 2010 live shows will be open to viewers in the Republic of Ireland. The live shows commence this Saturday (9th Oct) with the first live results show taking place this Sunday (10th Oct) – both live on TV3.

From this Saturday during the live The X Factor shows on TV3, viewers will be directed to The X Factor - Finalists - TV3 where Irish voting numbers will be available while the voting lines are open.

This year The X Factor auditions took place in Ireland for the first time in four years and as a result there are three Irish participants in the live shows. Mary Byrne will be in the “Over 28s” category while Rebecca Crighton and Niall Horan are in two of the three groups in the “Groups” category.

Sorry Noel but this is a British TV prog not an Irish one, Why would I expect to be able to vote in American Idol because I went to florida on holiday once. The only reason most Irish performers are on this programme is the prat Walsh. If he ever had any cred (which he didn't) Jedward was the final nail in his coffin. Perhaps RTE could do a cover version of the show.

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

Final note. Last decent music to come out of Ireland was courtesy of Thin Lizzy...end of discussion!

Sorry Noel but this is a British TV prog not an Irish one, Why would I expect to be able to vote in American Idol because I went to florida on holiday once. The only reason most Irish performers are on this programme is the prat Walsh. If he ever had any cred (which he didn't) Jedward was the final nail in his coffin. Perhaps RTE could do a cover version of the show.

---------- Post added at 02:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:27 AM ----------

Final note. Last decent music to come out of Ireland was courtesy of Thin Lizzy...end of discussion!

Yep a British TV programme which will be aired live in Ireland with Irish performers. RTE havent got the kind of money Cowell and ITV have so thats not going to happen.

As for Thin Lizzy, they were a fantastic band with a fantastic lead singer. Theres a lot more "decent music" that has come out of Ireland since but might not be to your liking.

...end of discussion!

Great news about the voting Anto.Think this is only fair,and will be good for all contestants;)

Good luck to all the contestants tonight on the Xfactor.......................... but c'mon the Irish LOL irelandflag

all jokes aside what about boyszone and westlife ( only kidding)
its great to watch it and have some input into it also :)

:happy: And yet another star to come out of Ireland, "Go Mary" :cheerleader:

Seriously!! there's been some great music to come out of Ireland.

U2, The cranberries, Van Morrison, Enya, Damien Rice, Snow Patrol, The Script (yes I know my Music)......need I go on.

You really need to do some research before making a statement like that.

Back