X Factor vote leak claims denied

noelyf

VIP Member
The makers of 'The X Factor' have dismissed claims that voting figures were leaked ahead of Sunday night's elimination.

0003ea65-314.jpg

Following his elimination, singer Aiden Grimshaw was asked by host Dermot O'Leary if he was surprised by the result.

He replied: "My friend texted me earlier and said there was a leak on Twitter that I was third from the bottom."

O'Leary reacted immediately, saying those claims were "uncorroborated".

A spokesman for the show told the Daily Mail: "People make lots of unfounded predictions on the internet about the order of the contestants based on various popularity polls. We do not believe there is a leak."

Immediately after the show, members of One Direction vented their fury on Twitter over Grimshaw's exit.

One Direction singer Louis Tomlinson wrote: "Not only was he one of my best friends, he was one of the best singers in the competition, yet people who can't sing a note in tune are still here. Wow."

Writing on her Twitter, Grimshaw's mentor Dannii Minogue said: "My utmost respect to Aiden. I have loved working with him on X Factor. TeamMinogue will miss him I and wish him the VERY BEST! Dx."

Back