X reg Citroen Xsara Picasso Turning over but not starting????

Hi i need some help, my 2.0 Hdi Xsara Picasso SX is turning over but not firing? I'm confused, it cut out and i was told it was the in tank fuel pump, so got that done, it started and worked for 1 day, then stopped again :damn:we changed the fuel filter, still not working, fuel is getting to the injectors so we can't see any reason for it not working :err:, can you help??

have you run a scan for fault codes,key fault,sensors etc,is the car injecting fuel,sometimes we give a quick squirt of ether[ easy start ] into air intake to see if it tries to start.
if like a pug do they still give problems with bsu and water damage?

Last edited:
took it down to a garage yesterday but was to late for a scan, so been left there, now waiting on a phone call, please let it be something cheap :/

had the diagnostic done, no fault found?? any ideas? please help as a mum to 3 boys i really need my car working
fires on easystart:beg:

Last edited:
did they check for spark? sorry,im from canada so bear with me.its not a diesel? did they check fuel pressure? sounds like they just did a scan for trouble codes.thats not a diagnostic.if you have some way of checking for spark and fuel pressure post back the results and i will do my best.been a mechanic for over 30 years. shite,not awake yet. i see it fires on easy start so spark not a problem. check fuel pressure as im betting its your problem.go easy on the ether tho as it can do a lot of harm to a gas engine.

Last edited:
did you put petrol in tank?

if you think thats a stupid question its not,p206 sw diesel got petrol in tank as you could smell it coming in on friday to be drained and add diesel hopefully not fecked up diesel pump.
diesel in petrol tanks and petrol in diesel tanks it does happen when you grab the nozzle and insert into neck of tank while looking at that gorgeous blonde across the road.lol

Last edited:
fuel pump in the tank should just be a transfer pump.there should be an injection pump on the engine.this pump should also have a fuel shutoff solenoid. check you have power to it with the key on. before that tho i would crack the line from the fuel tank and check pressure there.if it is up to spec i would suspect the injection pump,whether it be the solenoid or something else.

Fuel pump making a noise, will start with easy start but cuts out after a couple of seconds, bought a new starter relay and fitted, pressed red button, still not working, help :(

you are not getting fuel to the injectors.you need to check the controller on the engine.make sure you have power to the controller.i dont have any wiring diagrams for this one but maybe someone else does.you will almost certainly need them.depending on the system this may just be over your head.not meaning to offend but i dont know what your level of mechanical expertise is.you may need to take it to a shop.not the one you took it to last time either.this is a solvable problem.by the way go easy on the ether,ive seen it do severe damage to engines.

I have a same problem. My fuel pump been changed month ago with fuel filter. Engine diagnostics shows high presure fuel solenoid foul

Still waiting on the garage :(

Hi sapphire82

I had the some problem, Disconnected the clip for the airflow meter, started it and purred like a kitten, let it run for a while switched off, reconnected airflow meter clip and never had a problem since, For some strange reason it does not show up as a fault in the diagnostics but its worth a shot.

Regards,

Back