Xmas Again

I'm not a do-gooder by any means but after a walk around the town today, I was disgusted by the sight of the large number of rough sleepers [homeless] There are many empty warehouses and buildings which the local authorities can open to these people but they would sooner say there is no problem in our towns and turn a blind eye.
So guys just spare a thought tomorrow for those less fortunite than us---it's not always their fault they are on the streets.
Have a good one.
Col.
Completely agree @reaper all these abandoned buildings surely the council should put there hands in their pockets for the less fortunate people to be warm and have a decent meal and bath god bless one and all

I'm not a do-gooder by any means but after a walk around the town today, I was disgusted by the sight of the large number of rough sleepers [homeless] There are many empty warehouses and buildings which the local authorities can open to these people but they would sooner say there is no problem in our towns and turn a blind eye.
So guys just spare a thought tomorrow for those less fortunite than us---it's not always their fault they are on the streets.
Have a good one.
Col.
totally agree,
IIRC , it was last year that a few famous footballers that had bought some old building to develop opened it up for the homeless to sleep in until mid January [or something like that]
we dont know the story behind those people, so we cant judge how they ended up where they are now.
there was an old homeless guy lived in the town near where I grew up, Victor was his name, everyone knew him, long story about his wife leaving him during the war, or something similar,
turned down council houses as he said families deserved them more than him, the council built him a shed under the motorway flyover to live in,
he passed away a few years ago, rather than a paupers funeral the town had a collection and gave him a proper funeral, and was a massive turnout to it.

Completely agree @reaper all these abandoned buildings surely the council should put there hands in their pockets for the less fortunate people to be warm and have a decent meal and bath god bless one and all
Totally agree its sad to watch It makes you
thankful for what you have in life

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

totally agree,
IIRC , it was last year that a few famous footballers that had bought some old building to develop opened it up for the homeless to sleep in until mid January [or something like that]
we dont know the story behind those people, so we cant judge how they ended up where they are now.
there was an old homeless guy lived in the town near where I grew up, Victor was his name, everyone knew him, long story about his wife leaving him during the war, or something similar,
turned down council houses as he said families deserved them more than him, the council built him a shed under the motorway flyover to live in,
he passed away a few years ago, rather than a paupers funeral the town had a collection and gave him a proper funeral, and was a massive turnout to it.
Nice to hear how communities pull together for people who are less fortunate than us and putting others first

Back