Xpeedl Lx2 Mgcamd Issues

crmorris2

TK Veteran
Xpeed Lx2 Mgcamd Issues

I am helping a friend out who is having issues with mgcamd on Xpeed Lx2.

He is experienced with the set up of boxes but we are both stumped with this one.

Has latest openvix installed. Has installed mgcamd 1.38, not clearing. Tried 1.35a, not clearing. We have tried everything we can think of. Server is good, internet is good, all softcam installs via official vix cam feed.

All permissions set ok. It worked for a while then suddenly stopped which is the worse thing, so annoying. Have reflashed with fresh image and still nothing.

Anybody got any advice or in depth experience with these boxes?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi, I'm afraid I can't help as I had the exact same problem and couldn't figure it out. The only solution I could find was using CCcam which worked straight away after using the same username and password in MGCamd. I have an LX2 but I thought it was maybe a server issue. I didn't think it might be the box itself.

Anyway, I hope you manage to find a remedy.

cheers, i knew cccam was an option but prefer mgcamd, suppose if i have no choice then i will have to go down that route. thanks for the reply

cheers, i knew cccam was an option but prefer mgcamd, suppose if i have no choice then i will have to go down that route. thanks for the reply

Hi mate just a thought are you using notepad++ or any other linux editor to edit your mg cfg
I have known this has been an issue on other forums using windows notepad dont do the job properly hence you need to use notepad++

never had that problem before but will give it a go, cheers

Hi if your using a mg cfg thats downloaded/pre made and you just edit it in windows you could be causing the net problems in a sense,look at your cfg in notepad++ see if its different when opened in just windows notepad.just a thought and could be wrong.

But wherever u get ur sample mg_cfg and newcamd.list try download as a pair and edit in ur line rather than using a diff newcamd.list ftp'd in. seems to matter they're linked.

Had a similar problem on a gigablue a while back 1.38 wouldn't clear, 1.35a did
and so did the versions of CCcam.

Never got to the bottom of it.

(Had two boxes set up exactly the same at the time, the other was fine)

I have tried both with no joy, trying cccam at the minute but no version of cccam seems to want to start, this is wrecking my head lol

Bees do u know why the mg_cfg and newcamd.list have relatio to eachother? Found the two samples you posted recently (think) and the ones I was using from mike123 older post. Just curiosity.

Bees do u know why the mg_cfg and newcamd.list have relatio to eachother?

no mate, never heard of that before.

Pretty sure I nicked the mg cam file off mikes post for the guide lol

Made my own newcamd.list file so they are not paired and I have set up a few boxes using them.

if you screw up box [ i do often ] moving things to wrong places i would reflash again and start from scratch again with no settings restore.

i have tried numerous lines and no joy :-( am gonna try a different version of vix as I have reflashed and no joy

ok new image and softcams downloaded from feed mgcamd 1.38,followed the setup guide etc etc,abm setup,channels loaded ,ftp newcamd.list and mg_cfg over to usr/keys and your line is correctly inputted saved and exit out,go to cams via blue button start and enabled,does box and router need a reboot to connect?

Back