Xspeed Lx2

mike123

VIP Member
TK Supporter
Just bought one of these boxes from WOS with great service as you would expect from such a well established company. they are only £109 so I cannot understand why anyone would want to buy a clone.

1. the zapping time is really quick
2. works great on vix image (fully supported)
3. very fast processor
4. 512mb flash/ 512 MB ddr3
5. excellent control with loads of shortcuts
6. comes with free European plug
7 very fast setup using autoboquets
8. dual sat tuner

I don't see any point of doing a tut as they are loads out their for the vix image the official firmware can be downloaded from WOS however, if you buy from WOS shop they flash for free the latest version. overall no complaints makes my old vu duo look very slow. if you have any questions just ask.

We Buy clones because they are cheaper and do the same job..
plus a Zgemma S2 with official openatv support is only £70 and identical specs as the LX2
processor is the same 751mhz everything is the same bar the price..oh but W.O.S say they are clones...
yeah so they can sell their over priced junk at inflated prices.
any how happy tinkering....

Last edited:
Buy clones because they are cheaper and do the job..plus a Zgemma S2 with official openatv support is only £70 and identical specs as the LX2
processor is the same 751mhz everything is the same bar the price..oh but W.O.S say they are clones...yeah so they can sell their over priced junk.

Yes clones are cheaper but you do get less for your money, the spec's of the Zgemma are almost the same as the Xpeed LX2, the LX2 has double the NAND Flash, the LX2 can support a different tuner card (for cable which the owner can swap), also comes with a 2 year warranty, something the zgemmas don't, if it breaks after 6 months your buggered as eBay wont do anything and I've not seen any seller offer warrenty on these boxes so buying another one makes them more expensive. Also the LX2 has support from VIX, as they make the software they can support what box they want.

The zgemma is a great box for the price and I reccomend it too for those on a very tight budget and the LX2 is only worth getting now its come down in price, if it was still at its old £199 i'd say its not worth the money but at £109 it is.

I also say its down to the buyer, do they want a box that updates itself, something you setup and leave, if so then the LX2 is that box but if your someone who likes to tinker, re-set up the box when updates are avalable and like to mess with the boxes then get the Zgemma.

We all have our favourite boxes drummer and I'm sure some users will say the LX2 and zgemma are a peice of rubbish but if your happy with your box then thats all that matters :) Me, I love the LX2 and think the V8S is a great box too as I have both boxes and both fill my requirments.

Last edited:
Nothing to do with favourite boxes i was merely pointing out the reason we buy clones..i am not championing any box
wos and vix is all about the money thats why they only make images for the boxes they sell and why they are so anti clone or anti any box they don't sell..
I dont have a Zgemma i have had one to try and play with and passed it on but it works great has official support from openvix sister team openATV and does it all.. i personally prefer the solo2.

The reasons for not buying clones as suggested are more about protecting yourself with most genuine boxes you get a 2 year guarantee as you mentioned £70.00 for a clone which has no real guarantees and you cannot even get the most out of vix or which ever firmware you choose surely it is better to pay the extra £39.00 or if you cannot afford buy a genuine Linux box their are plenty of good reliable alternatives on the market.

Back