Yamaha Surround Sound and Arc

Sellsinho

Hi,

I've recently brought a new Yamaha Home Cinema Amp and I am having a few problems. I have connected my TV via arc and also my technomate and Panasonic blu ray. I'm getting surround sound for both of those devices fine, but if I stick a USB in the TV and then watch media via that, I only get sound coming out of the TV rather than the amp.

I would have thought all sound would come out through the amp as I am connected via HD Cable and Arc, but its as if only the other devices (Blu Ray, Techno mate) are being picked up.

Has anyone got any ideas? I watch quite a lot of stuff via my USB and really want to get the amp broadcasting the sound.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers

Recently had the same problem with my Onkyo amp, lost settings the only fix I could apply was to run optical cable from tv to amp and set tv in amp menu to opt 1 or opt2 depending where you have it plugged in

Did you keep you satellite and blu ray still connect via HDMI and add the optical? Or did you just connect via Optical? I'm just presuming the HDMI still has to go in the 'HDMI Out' socket (which is the arc anyway).

Cheers

Back