Yanny or laurel

Used to hear Yanny, now I hear Laurel. As with all these things, once my mind has turned it around I can never go back so will forever hear Laurel now......

Wondered what on earth you was talking about so had to google it:) it's definitely Yanny

apparently both are being said at slightly different frequencies, so my son has just informed me and as teenagers are always right it must be true:)

i've not a clue what anyone is talking about?
do they mean that bloke's voice saying laurel on that video on the twitter page? - how could anyone possibly think it says yanny?
They are as different as chalk and cheese, no idea who the trollop is who says she hears yanny but shes got 208k followers so they must be agreeing with her for kudos

just a prime example of what social media does best, mess with peoples perspectives and cause division, some troll somewhere loving the stir they've caused:grin::grin:

I could hear YANNY clear as day the first time I heard it. Can't hear anything but LAUREL now :confused:

I think it's fairly clear that there's two different videos and whichever one opens at the time will say either yany or laurel
if you've had both, which it appears some others have, then it proves (to me at least) that it's a con

I don't know how anyone could hear anything other than what it is, the words aren't even similar:
Law rel
Getting mistaken for
Yan knee

I've no idea how anyone could mistake the two

I don't know how anyone could hear anything other than what it is, the words aren't even similar:
Law rel
Getting mistaken for
Yan knee

I've no idea how anyone could mistake the two

I think that's the whole point, people listening to the same thing hear completely different words.

The ya and ee sounds are of a higher pitch than the la and al sounds and slightly preceed the begining and exceed the end of laural

Laural people should be able to hear yanny by saying the word over the clip.

As I say I can hear both at the same time and can switch between the two with a little mental effort.

I hear Yanny say, 'Laurel, guess what, cardshare is coming back on May 31'

The video messes with my head, I played it once, heard nothing but Yanny, 2nd time, Yanny/Laurel and now I hear nothing but Laurel.

Last edited:
Back