Yet another newbie

Elfordo

Hi guys,

Hope you can help I have purchased an Openbox 8vs. I live in France and have a dish. The instructions are a little vague to say the least. Is there an idiots guide available. This is the first time I've needed satellite so I'm as green as they come. However I am a fast learner:peace:

Elfordo

Got myself a meter openbox newbie

Trying to line up the satellite, not easy as I'm having to hang out of a window 3 stories up. Read the instructions ( in french may I add) and it gives the instruction to turn the db knob until the pointer is in the middle of the dial, when I connect the lnb in line my max reading is 2 even with knob turned fully to the right.
Does this indicate a malfunctioning lnb? ( we inherited the dish from the previous owners ).

I did manage briefly to tune my openbox to an Astra satellite without the aid of the meter ( pure fluke possibly) but then it lost its signal and I haven't been able to receive anything since.

:peace:Any thoughts guys ..... strictly's on soon?

Trying to line up the satellite, not easy as I'm having to hang out of a window 3 stories up. Read the instructions ( in french may I add) and it gives the instruction to turn the db knob until the pointer is in the middle of the dial, when I connect the lnb in line my max reading is 2 even with knob turned fully to the right.
Does this indicate a malfunctioning lnb? ( we inherited the dish from the previous owners ).

I did manage briefly to tune my openbox to an Astra satellite without the aid of the meter ( pure fluke possibly) but then it lost its signal and I haven't been able to receive anything since.

:peace:Any thoughts guys ..... strictly's on soon?
good lord, i would rather throw myself out of a 3 storie building than watch that drivel
ohmy.gif

Ok how about the rugby then?

---------- Post Merged at 10:17 PM ----------

Fantastic!!!!!! I know I can't help it........ I need HELP!!!!!:Peep:

Back