Zgemma 2s stuck on boot

DECIDED TO REBOOT TO FACTORY SETTINGS "ORIGINAL FACTORY IMAGE INSTALLED" NOW IT BOOTS UP GETS TO 100 AND KEEPS REBOOTING TRIED NUMEROUS USBS IN REAR NO JOY HAVE USED HDD GURU LL FORMAT THEN FULL FORMAT WINDOWS STILL NO JOY CHANGED LATEST OPENATV IMAGE NOFORCE TO FORCE FILE ANY OTHER WAY TO FLASH BOX BESIDES LEAVING IT OUTSIDE WATING FOR A LIGHTNIG STRIKE:beg:

THANKS IN ADVANCE RON

Hi I know choice of usb stick is important if you have another give it a try,low level format then windows format Fat 32, install zgemma folder,turn box off and insert into rear usb socket press and hold power switch on front and turn on keep it pressed until the display shows FLSH leave it in and if all is well the display changes to boot and the image is loaded.

God love you

many thanks the key to your answer was zgemma folder before as with ibox copied the icloud folder iwae putting sh1 onto usb

now up and running till n next fu

ron

Zgemma s2 power off

Hi - I have an issue with my zgemma s2 box. Today I noticed that my line had stopped working. This forced me to try a full power shutdown. However, when I powered back up it stuck in boot mode. I had to reload the image and I was able to get back to where I was, except that my line still did not work. I can reset and deep reset ok but when I take the power off it will not move out of boot mode and I have to reload an image. I have tried several different images but they all behave in the same way. Ie they all load up, accept my config. settings, reset. But they will not re establish ( a brick) once the power has been removed. I have tried running with and without -- usb drive, lan connection, HDMI cable. All to no avail. If any body can shed any light on this I would be very grateful.

Hi, I was hoping to get some feedback for this question. I am a newbie so have I done it wrong? Perhaps I've posted in the wrong place. Any help/ advice please

U should start new thread just to have ur own dude.
It sounds strange.
Basically what are you selecting just before trouble?

Hi - I was running with image - Zgemma star 2s Vix 3.2.005 sucmnsee Backup 19.09.2015 - for about a week when I stopped getting some channels (turns out I was scammed). I tried a full power off reset and that's when I discovered that it stuck with BOOT on display. I can flash a new image without any problem until I power down. I tried several different images all the same result. I have tried inserting a usb with a bootloader before I power down and that seems to work of a fashion. I have not tested this enough to be conclusive.
PS Thanks for a great image
PPS sorry I wasn't sure where to start a new post

Check the ends of your sat cables. Make sure outer foil/fine wires arent touching internal core. The ends just screw off.

Also check the power supply. Look at the little green light. Is it a steady brightness or fluctuating?

Also check hdmi in box and tv securely. Or try diff hdmi lead and port on tv.

Just a few checks. But pain u have to reflash for each 1 lol

Thanks for the input, I need these fresh ideas -
sat cables - I did the installation myself and I am sure they are ok - the signal strength and quality are good
Power supply - I happen to have a second psu and I have exchanged them
TV - connection - ?
I have a full set-up in a different room so I think I will swap it out tomorrow - not very confident though lol
ps I know that it was working ok for at least a few days after installation

---------- Post Merged at 09:48 PM ----------

ok - now I know how you got the laughing man lol

Is box well ventilated? Another longshot

---------- Post Merged at 09:51 PM ----------

What method are u using to restart box?

good thought - but yes its on its own on a large wooden shelf.

---------- Post Merged at 09:54 PM ----------

Not sure what you mean - just operate the switch at the back of the box

---------- Post Merged at 10:00 PM ----------

when I realise that it isn't going to boot (I've left it over an hour) I power off and insert the usb with the image on. It starts to flash almost instantly and away we go.

Is box well ventilated? Another longshot

---------- Post Merged at 09:51 PM ----------

What method are u using to restart box?

in terms of being well ventilated, have you removed the thin layer of protective plastic that the receiver is packaged in? I don't think that will stop it booting unless its been left on for quite some time, as the receiver needs adequate ventilation and the plastic film will block all the ventilation holes.

This happened to me, the box I bought worked for 3 weeks and then decided not to boot. I used the same image (Zgemma star 2s Vix 3.2.005 sucmnsee Backup 19.09.2015) and had similar issues to you. It'd work perfectly until I switched it off then it wouldn't boot again.

What worked for me is after flashing the image I removed all of the plugins that weren't necessary {openwebif, tsmedia etc}. After that it's always booted first time. Pretty weird but as I say it worked for me!

Edit: When you get the box set up how you like it you should make your own backup image so you don't have to customise it if you have any issues in the future.

I would try using mt pockets image - its an openATV image which is officially supported, vix doesnt officially support this box, so if you tried to do online updates of vix, that might be your issue. just follow all the steps given and you should be ok

Hi - thanks for all the advice- I had tried several different images off zgemma.tv all gave the same problem. In the end I decided that it must be hardware and fortunately I had bought it from a reputable supplier who replaced it immediately with no quibble. Once again all your advice is appreciated.

This still happens to me randomly at least once a week. I switch my telly etc on in the morning and my box sticks at boot. I have to pull the power cord from the back and leave it for a few minutes and it always boots up first time when I plug it back in.
Once the box is on it works with no issues. Very strange!

Back