zgemma abroad

int3

Does anyone who lives outside UK have issues with receiving the ftp channels especially the BBC channels . Should I be OK if dish is pointing at 28.2e sat . Receiving sly channels OK by the way
Regards

Get everything in Spain from 28.2E that you can get in Uk.
Only issue is dish size requirement.

OK thanks benijofar so I presume a dish setup in Malta would be a similar size. OK I'll have to sort it for my Dad when I visit cheers again fella

OK thanks benijofar so I presume a dish setup in Malta would be a similar size. OK I'll have to sort it for my Dad when I visit cheers again fella

Hi,

I live in Portugal and very soon discovered that I can not get BBC, ITV, Channel 4 or Channel 5 as they have moved to a different satellite which can only be received in the UK and a small part of northern Europe.

If you move the satellite dish to 27.5 w then you can receive these channels but they are encrypted, here is a link to posts on this subject in the forum
http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-2s/80577-entering-biss-keys-27-5-bbc.html

There are lots more discussions in various forums if you do a search on 27.5 W then you will see lots of discussion.

I have not implemented this as my dish currently points at 28.2 E and I can't move it to 27.5 W as I won't get a clear signal.

Regards.

What size dish do you use Benji? I'm going to set one up in france at the end of the year, I'm about halfway down the west coast (about 50km south of Nantes).... I'm thinking a 60cm dish should be ok but hearing other's experience would help massively.

You really need a dish >60cm to pick up the 28.2 channels especially the BBC channels as their transponder beam footprint were focused solely on UK.
80cm will be fine. The further down Europe (Spain costa) then you're looking at >1 metre

Hi I live in Portugal and can not get BBC, ITV, Channel 4 or Channel 5 on 28.2 despite having a 1.3 metre dish.

The reason is that these channels moved to a different satellite and the signal can not be received anywhere south of Northern France.

If you do a search on 28.2 you will find lots of discussion about it.

I believe that you can get these channels if you point the dish to 27.5 W but I can not move it as there is a house in the way.

If you do a search on 27.5 you will see lots of discussion on it.

Dish sizes vary quite a bit for Spain
Valencia 1.2m gets all sky channels
Alicante 1.4m gets all channels
Malaga 1.9m i am told struggles on bbc/itv etc

For dish size re Malta then PM Reaper as he has great knowledge of that outpost !!!..lol

Back