Zgemma Box poser.

Jethro

TK Veteran
Hi all, I will explain this poser the best I can, me and my daughter use the same provider for zgemma cable box running off vm , they have both gone off with 2 months left on mine and 4 months left on my daughters box, my provider says the server is down, but what I don't understand is my mate in the next street to me and mate 1/2 mile from daughter uses same provider and got no problems, now he is saying they must be running on a different server, I find this very strange. Any thoughts appreciated thanks.

your provider probably has no access to the server so he has no idea what's going on, did you get the lines from ebay by any chance?

No m8, he just come to fetch box when gift runs out, then brings it back for another 12mths that's all I know.

i see.
So he's getting a line from ebay for a few quid, putting it on your box, charging you an arm and a leg and then when it goes off, as it just has, he's no idea what to do.
Why can't you just put a new line on yourself? - it's not rocket science, it takes less than five mins if you know how to copy and paste a bit of text.
That way, you can deal with the provider in person rather than a go-between who appears to have no clue

get a decent VM line provider. They don't need to take your box away as it takes seconds to add a new line yourself as pablo says. Money for nothing comes to mind. That or he doesn't have a clue.

I detest rip off merchants with a passion.

So am you saying my provider is buying different lines off ebay, as my 2 friends boxes are still on, he charges we £65 per year or 8mths for my daughter? ?.

Pablo is only guessing but the same provider having some lines working and others not working with saying the server has gone down does indeed sound like is buying them from wherever and selling as his own and will no doubt be making a load of money as a result.

Count your losses and find a provider who has one or two servers and can do something if the line stops working.

the best way to confirm if you're on same server is use dream explorer and open the /usr/keys/newcamd.list file (assuming your using mgcamd) and the first item after the = sign is the server you are on.

Deffo sounds like a re seller making a few quid.

If he was running the server you would just keep the same line details and re new the line when it runs out.

If he takes your box away then he is most likely putting in a line from somebody else who he is buying from.

Learn how to put your own line in (takes five mins) and deal directly with a server owner, you will have less hassle.

Last edited:
Yep plenty of good advice given above, start putting your line on yourself and then you can show your daughter and friends how its done, you will be glad after you have done it as it puts you in more control of your box and you learn a bit more into the bargain. There are plenty of good providers on techkings and a bit less expensive too, and the main thing is that there are a lot of people only too willing to help.

Back