Zgemma boxes always crashing, blue circle

mrblue

Never had any issues previously with zgemma boxes like h2s or h5 etc. Now even aftet reflashes. Im getting softeare crashes and blue circle always rotating having to power off the box.

Not an isolated incident and have noticed this over the past year.

Is there a limit to how many categories jedi maker can support as definitely notice it on providers with more categories.

Ive reflashed with latest openatv, wooshbuild, swap file, good mem stick etc

Never had any issues previously with zgemma boxes like h2s or h5 etc. Now even aftet reflashes. Im getting softeare crashes and blue circle always rotating having to power off the box.

Is there a limit to how many categories jedi maker can support as definitely notice it on providers with more categories.

You need to open the crashlogs and copy/paste the contents here, this will give us an idea of what's causing it.
Also, in jedimaker plugin you only create the bouquets you want, you don't have to have all the Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Mongolian channels.
If you only want UK, sports and movies, you just create those and don't put a tick in the dross you are never going to watch

Also only use jedimaker for live tv , try xstreamity for vod and series it is a lot easier.

You need to open the crashlogs and copy/paste the contents here, this will give us an idea of what's causing it.
Also, in jedimaker plugin you only create the bouquets you want, you don't have to have all the Bangladesh, Zimbabwe and Mongolian channels.
If you only want UK, sports and movies, you just create those and don't put a tick in the dross you are never going to watch
Re format the sticks then mount them again i would.

Did you get yours working after pabs

Did you get yours working after pabs
One of the SanDisk usb sticks not recognised by box or format tool.
The other formatted ok but after initialising it and mounting it, it recorded a few programmes, worked for a week then knackered up again throwing all kinds if errors.
Currently using a 4g stick, I get four hours recording.
Not buying another SanDisk, got two 32g and neither are working

Have you tried completely deleting the partition and recreating it with partition magic or similar?
I used the tool posted by @moshibeth last week, not sure of it's name.
Took quite a while to do the 32g stick, then it needed formatting FAT32.
Then I initialised it in the box but after a few days it went pear shaped again.
I'll try your disk utility tomorrow

That's the chappy.
I can't believe that two good quality usb sticks have failed.
It's only recently I started recording stuff, prior to this, the only thing they've ever seen is EPG.dat.
Would bootice make much difference?
I've used it before, but only via TeamViewer on other people's flash drives

Why does everyone ignore 'gparted'?
Didn't realise you could get it for Windows.
I think they're all much of a muchness though.

So long as you delete all partitions from the drive and create a single primary partition it will usually work. Doesn't really matter which program you use.
Just formatting isn't enough, particularly if the drive has been in a Zgemma :ROFLMAO:

Back