Zgemma H2 for recording from the same transponder...

Hiromy

Hi everyone

I've been looking for a box I can use with my Virgin cable so I can get the HD channels. I'll need a box capable of watching one channel and recording another to the hard drive at the same time though, is the H2 capable of this please?

I was looking at buying the H2 on a different site, the description says:
"You can use a USB Hard Disk Drive (HDD) to record all your favourite channels, listen to your music and watch a slideshow of your photos. What’s more, you can record up to 2 channels (on the same transponder) whilst watching a file from your USB HDD."

Can anyone explain what this "same transponder" means please?
Will this box do what I need or is there a different Zgemma or other box I'd need?

Thanks in advance for any help or info anyone can provide.
Cheers!

Hi Cactikid

Thank you for your help! I've looked around for the Xtrend 8000 but could only really find info on the Xtrend ET 8000 which I'm guessing is the same thing? If so this one is quite expensive compared with the Zgemma boxes, £195 for the twin dvb-c configuration I'd need. Is this the cheapest box with twin DVB-C tuners? If so then I may have to re-think how important recording different channels is to me or wait a while to put more money towards it as it's a bit above what I was hoping to spend at the moment!

Also, if a transponder is a single frequency shared by multiple channels, and the H2H is capable of recording other channels as long as they are on that same frequency, would this work for what I'd need? I'm guessing not as else lots of people would be doing it. Is there a way of finding out which channels are sharing transponders/frequencies? Or am I just completely confused?!!

Thanks again for your help.

Last edited:
Back