Zgemma H2 multiroom

Hi folks. Hope everyone is ready or there abouts for Christmas :-) I need some advice on something. I setup two Zgemma H2 boxes using sucmnsee images and also using a n-line for both boxes. My m8 has virgin media installed. The issue is there is jumping on some channels, especially sky sports on both boxes. I am on the same server and has no issues on mt one box.I've never set two boxes in one houae before and was wondering if there is anything extra in the settings I need to do. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers. Rob

Is it sky sports 1 HD? I get this as well, not sure why as all other HD channels are flawless. I know that most football is on ss1 but sometimes I have no issues then other days it's pretty much unwatchable.
Ive put it down to a signal issue with my Zgemma, rather than my provider. I would expect it to be happening with more channels if this was the case

The best way to test any server is on match days when it is put under a lot of demand for the same channel,it could be that the sever is a bit over subscribed

aye, i'll ask my m8 to keep tabs on it. already spoken to the server provider. he will move his line to another server if need be. I can rule out issues with broadband as its with virgin media. he is using a sky feed for his channels. I guess the main reason to ask for advice was i wasn't 100% sure if it was something i've done in setting up the two boxes when using same server multi-line for both boxes.

Hi folks. Hope everyone is ready or there abouts for Christmas :-) I need some advice on something. I setup two Zgemma H2 boxes using sucmnsee images and also using a n-line for both boxes. My m8 has virgin media installed. The issue is there is jumping on some channels, especially sky sports on both boxes. I am on the same server and has no issues on mt one box.I've never set two boxes in one houae before and was wondering if there is anything extra in the settings I need to do. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers. Rob
I had a similar problem on cable after setting up a new box the mg-config file was for sat and ecm time out was set at 5 for cable it should be 10 which sorted the glitching

that's a good point. I never even thought of checking the mg_cfg files were correctly setup for multi-line sharing. I might have to get the boxes from him and take a look at them both

I asked my m8 to check something. basically turn off one box and use just one. it works great now. so its definitely something wrong with two boxes running together on same multi-line. I'll have to research on what the mg_cfg should be for two boxes running.

I asked my m8 to check something. basically turn off one box and use just one. it works great now. so its definitely something wrong with two boxes running together on same multi-line. I'll have to research on what the mg_cfg should be for two boxes running.

Are both these boxes twin tuners? I think if they were single tuners using a multiroom connection it would be fine but if they're twin tuners you made need another connection, I think

Lines defo multiroom enabled yeah? Just when you know one is working fine now, without the other box powered up.

yer, thats what my server provider said to me at least. he did say though, that if the problem persists that he'll change my m8s line to a new server. i might ask him to do that to be honest. its the last resort. i don't really know what i'm doing in regards to what to change when modifying this mg_cfg file..

Not really sure you should be changing anything tbh, if the connection is multiroom enabled then it should be working fine on single tuners, dependant on how many your man allows.
suppose if he gives you a new connection for the other box then you can't complain!

thanks for replies garyth. contacting the server provider just now. its only one line getting used for both boxes. its a multiroom enabled one. hes going to transfer it to another server. i hope it works

actually. i have a question on using a single multiroom server line. when using two boxes one (n-line) do you have to configure anything different. ie. set one box as a master box etc

Back