Zgemma H2.S OpenVIX (latest) Sky Themed Image

Hi Guys,

I have created an image of my H2.S with a very Sky oriented theme! If you want it download it from:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zb4v78dppnchpbn/Zgemma H2.s Sky Image 2a.zip?dl=0

It is fully configured to Sky, including Auto Bouqet, EPG set to read from HDD plugged in to the back USB port and has MGCam 1.38 installed. It has a customised version of the brilliant skin Slyk1 skin from Kiddac to make it look as close to Sky as possible.

Some screen shots below:

Graphical EPG

2_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0.jpg

Configured (and tweaked) "Planner" view
1_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0.jpg

Installed Plugins
2_0_1_1798_7E5_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg

MgCam 1.38 Installed and working just configure per your liking

1_0_1_1798_7E5_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg

Settings Menu

3_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0_0.jpg

Customised boot/reboot screens

reboot.jpg

Version 2
OpenWebIF Remote control fix by MTPockets has been installed and tested.

Version 2a
Ensured automatic updates is off
Added TSPanel 7.5

Hope its of help to you guys.

Last edited:
Congratulations on setting up the first vix image for the h.2s pal good work sucmnsee has some competition lol

---------- Post Merged at 01:43 PM ----------

Did you use mtpockets files for full openwebife remote before uploading?

Hi dsayers,

Thanks, it didn't have that fix in it I only saw it this afternoon and that image was built a couple of days I just hadn't had time to upload. I have applied it and updated the link above to a version that now has that fix.

Enjoy!

thanks james looks good,,,,,,,,,, is updates turn off on this because we all now vix is just a patched image and can brick the box resason i ask as im a newbee to this,,,,,,, and theres plenty of newbees out there and dont what them adding it and then try to update on line so be careful u have been warned

thanks james looks good,,,,,,,,,, is updates turn off on this because we all now vix is just a patched image and can brick the box resason i ask as im a newbee to this,,,,,,, and theres plenty of newbees out there and dont what them adding it and then try to update on line so be careful u have been warned

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the heads up no it wasn't so I have turned it off now, the new version I have uploaded also has TSPanel in it is as well. If you want to disable it go to Menu> setup> system> software update background check = no otherwise if your unsure then flash the latest version.

Enjoy

Hi James, thanks for creating and sharing this image - got the box today and I've loaded the image (I'm pretty new to these so bear with me) and it looks/works great. I cannot seem to see an Autobouquet maker for Sky in my list? Do I need to do something first? I'm sure I'm missing something important :-)

Many Thanks

sorted... rebooted and scanned again and its there.

Last edited:
Well, I've completed (for now) the loading/tweaking etc of your image and I'm really impressed.. not just with the image but the H2S itself. WOW it's so fast compared to the 2S. Impressed!

I tried to flash it from boot up, didn't seem to work just flashed usb update and went back to openatv, I then added a force file to the download and bam it worked and booted vix, haven't had much chance to play with it and add lines etc but the speeds are really good compared to s2....

[QUOTE

Customised boot/reboot screens

View attachment 15129

Hope its of help to you guys.[/QUOTE]

Hi there, my H2S came set up with VIX already on it and is working like a charm but i like your boot/reboot screen and i cant seem to get mine to change over.

How do i get your bootup screen running on mine fella? I know theres a .exe file in kiddacs skin but im on a mac :(

Thanks in advance, and ive taken a copy of your backup just in case mine goes down!

This looks really good ..... Id like it .... I hate being new to things .... complete noob ......... anyone like to tell me what to do with download ( Carefull ! ) once down loaded ... and in english please ... cheers

This looks really good ..... Id like it .... I hate being new to things .... complete noob ......... anyone like to tell me what to do with download ( Carefull ! ) once down loaded ... and in english please ... cheers

Its got instructions with, just ftp onto your box, install local extension and choose the skin

Its got instructions with, just ftp onto your box, install local extension and choose the skin

This isn't a skin this is an entire pre configured image, you need to load it on to a USB stick then go in to image manager and restore it. This will wipe your existing configuration though, its hard to give you exact instructions as depends what you have installed i.e. OpenATV, OpenVIX etc...

If you let me know what you have I will try and assist with instructions relevant to that image.

thanks .... brand new H2s ... arrived with open atv 5.1 but had to flash it with the latest openvix to get it to boot properly , worked fine ever since ... any help appreciated ...

Hi

On OpenVix you need to copy or FTP the file to your USB stick or portable drive in to the folder backup then go to Menu | Setup | Vix | Image Manager

You should see the zip file in your list, select it and press the blue button to restore. If you don't see the zip file, press menu and check the backup location on my box they are in /media/hdd in a folder called backup.

Once the restore completes that should be it you will have the new image, if you have a N line to load place the newcamd.list in to /usr/keys

Hope that helps

Hi ,.... tried it via copying to usb but no joy ....... so ftp'd straight to media/hdd/imagebackup . ..... On box - Menu|setup|vix|Imagemanager and yes there it was ... selecteted it, confirmed i wanted to restore to the selected image , message on screen "please wait while the restore prepares" .... then it goes back to image manager screen and says " select an image to restore" ... tried this several times to no avail .... I must be doing something wrong .........any ideas image_m.jpg

Last edited:
That is a strange error that I haven't seen before, I have successfully done a restore to another box of this image without issue yesterday so the image should be fine. I am not sure to be honest, have you tried redownloading it just in case it is a corrupt download of the zip file? the other thing you could try is unzipping it on your PC first just to make sure that it did not get damaged during the download as it should unzip and create a folder called zgemma then h3 which has several files in it.

The "restore process" above is where the zip file is unzipped to a temporary location ready to flash to memory, from there you should get another screen that shows the box physically being flashed which is what you want to see.

Hmm .... downloaded it again ... extracted and checked contents ... zgemma , h3 , 3 other files.... I think i have tried every permutation / method of adding the .zip , unzipped and extracted files to the usb direct and ftp 'ing them ... adding any version direct to usb from pc will not show up when usb returned to box. ftp ing the files to media/hdd/imagebackups is the only way the file will show up in Image Manager....I tried as suggested , putting it in media/hdd/backup but doesnt show up in there.... Both the zip file and the extracted file "zgemma" will appear (depending which one I ftp'd), however with the same results as above .... just wondering , is there/could there be a setting/switch i need to alter first on the box , to allow the restore to take place ? ....

Last edited:
forge have you tried it this way,
unzip the zip so you have a folder named zgemma in the root of your usb stick which then contains h3 and the files.
switch your box off with the push switch at the back
insert usb into back
switch it on using the push switch
when it says USB Updt press the power button on the FRONT of the box
it should then change to FLSH on the front of the box,
leave it to do that until it boots back up again

this image is only for the H2.x series of boxes not the 2s etc

Back