ZGEMMA H2H 128gb mirco SD card wont initial

phl

Hi ZGEMMA H2H with sucmnsee latest vix, new Toshiba 128gb mirco SD card won't initial it gets to 50/100 and just freezes, can someone please give us the way to get this working, I have tried all the guides out there, Why on earth do they give you a micro sd slot and you can't use it?

If I no it will never work I can move on and try and get a usb drive that will work.

I use a 128gb microsd with no problems.
I'm not sure if the issue still exists but earlier versions of ViX wouldn't show the sd in devices or mount manager but you could still select it as a path in recordings or timeshift.
Did you try the guide to formatting drives in my signature?

Hi bud Im the same, Ive tried with 64gb sd & ordered 2 128gb sd cards & now im out off pocket and pissed off, We need to help people when buying these boxes to make the best choices to buy a harddrive or usb drive for epg & recording & let the people know DO NOT BUY A MICRO SD CARD !!!! They should state this in there guides, or at less say that alot of people are having trouble with sd cards.

16GB works best over this don't work. I try 32 and 128GB always freezes 50/100

---------- Post Merged at 12:22 PM ----------

Hi bud I bought 128gb Toshiba exceria micro sdxc 4k card, from mymemory, im using sucmnsee latest vix, won't initial it gets to 50/100 and just freezes.

What card are you using? & what way did you initial it

Yea I use a 128gb no problems at all, in a h2s, I'm sure they are both the same

With vix you can't initialise it but a few tuts show how to do it via pc. As for stating it in guides I haven't tried an sd card so how could I say it doesn't work? Its probably the same for scumnsee the backups are made to try and get people running and with enigma2 there's loads of settings and plugins that don't work or do but we can't test everything the question is if something isn't in a guide why not ask if it's possible to use it? That way the creater of the backups may not have tried it but others may have and told you.

I took a look but that is about for formatting a usb, I have no problem doing that, I could even format the sd card in my laptop, but when it goes in the box & try to Initialisation, it gets to 50/100 and stops. Im using: Zgemma star H2s Vix 4.0.003 sucmnsee full Backup 03.10.2016 build
I'm not sure if the issue still exists but earlier versions of ViX wouldn't show the sd in devices or mount manager but you could still select it as a path in recordings or timeshift.

---------- Post Merged at 01:07 PM ----------

I took a look but that is about for formatting a usb, I have no problem doing that, I could even format the sd card in my laptop, but when it goes in the box & try to Initialisation, it gets to 50/100 and stops. Im using: Zgemma star H2s Vix 4.0.003 sucmnsee full Backup 03.10.2016 build

If you format it to ext3 on pc you shouldn't need to initialise it as initialising formats ext3 just check mounts and the paths

Micro sd cards do work but I like many format them on a pc first. You can't blame the guys who put backup images online for people to use, I believe that willo has documented procedures to format in his uploads very well.

Prob best to format it on the pc not on the box. Or just buy a USB stick jd

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Cheers for all the reply's, Ill have another go with formatting on my laptop, but for anyone thinking about buying an sd card an easier way that I got recording sorted was to buy a harddrive caddy (has its own plug & usb2) £17 pc world, old slyhd box (500gb) take the hard drive out format & it works perfect, even goes into sleep mode and when needed starts, very happy with it.

Hi.i sorted my sd card through the usb in the back by using an usb/sd card adapter . then mounted it in sd side slot....headache over

Back