Zgemma H2h and H5 not working

Hi all

I ha e the above 2 boxes and my line no longer works, tried plugging in at a friends address as well and still no joy, contacted supplied who said he tried line on a VU 4K and all working fine.

When I scan for channels if finds almost 400 but they just show a black screen.

Are the Zgemma’s getting blocked? If so what’s a good alternative?

If you have "Sky Shield", "Net Nanny" or similar enabled at your ISP then make sure that's disabled and use an independent DNS server like 8.8.8.8 or 1.1.1.1 rather than the ISP supplied

My supplier even sent screenshot of working channels.

I don’t have Sky Shield or anything similar, no changes have been done on my network, I have also tried from a friends address and still the same. Was working fine then just went off on Sunday gone.

Is the box getting FTA channels?
Unless you try a different line, you'll not know whether it's the box, line, network or anything else. 99% certainty it's the line

Tried a trial from an old supplier and still not working, now when I go into autoBouquetsMaker and start scan it says, Failed to tune Virgin (uk) on tuner B, please check timer is correctly configured. Nothing has been done other than a new line and all the config looks fine

you said in OP that you found 400 channels when scanning?
go to autobouquetmaker>about
what version is it? - if outdated it won't work, you need new version

I’ve got the box working now, powered everything off, router, modem and box, left them off for a few minuets, powered them on giving each one a few minutes before turning the next one on in turn, modem, router then Zgemma box. Channels are back, all very strange as I tried this previously and when I checked it at my friends house.

ABM is version 2.9, cant upgrade using the upgrade option as it says “Incompatible versions:2.9 > 3.1

What’s the best way to upgrade it?

you said in OP that you found 400 channels when scanning?
go to autobouquetmaker>about
what version is it? - if outdated it won't work, you need new version

Yeah I did mention 400 channels, I swapped the boxes over and started confusing the results from the other box, both are working again now, I just had to put the line on the box again and it worked fine.

Thanks for all the help and info guys.

Boxes cannot update image version say from 6.1 to 6.2 to 6.3 as that is user only but some can have image updates within that version like a newer abm or plugin or a newer cam.

Back