Zgemma h2h prevention

mu1234

Hey im pretty new to tech kings so dont know if im posting this in the right place, but im getting a zgemma h2h box and intend on using cable. is there any software to prevent us from getting caught ?

No software - just common sense really... change the host name of the box when you get it to something like "Freesat Receiver" so it doesn't show on your network as a connected device and make sure you don't leave the box on display if you ever have VM to your property.

Thanks and how would i do that ? And would they not be able to tell that theres something connected via the cable ?

In the ROOT>ETC folder, there's a file called hostname - open it with notepad and change the name then save it... once you've done this turn box off, turn router off, turn router on, wait until router boots up then turn box back on.

This is all you need to worry about and I use the term "worry" loosely :)

In the ROOT>ETC folder, there's a file called hostname - open it with notepad and change the name then save it... once you've done this turn box off, turn router off, turn router on, wait until router boots up then turn box back on.

Thanks a lot much appreciated if i have any more issues ill let you know

openatv
blue button / mounts / mounts manager / change hostname
change name here restart reciever

Back