zGemma H2S No Signal (EPG Issues)

d4veh

Hello All,

I had been reading over the site for a number of days lately after buying my first zgemma H2S.

I will be the first to admit i am still completely incompetent when it comes to configuring & fixing any of the issues i have noticed so far.

After reading through tonnes of threads, watching various youtube videos & trying every cable i could find i thought it best to ask for some assistance before i lose it :emoji_fearful:

The issue i seem to be having is that i have recently bought my flat that is about 7 years old. The interior wall looks like this...

dwb4wj.jpg

I was told that the previous owner had VM tv and broadband. I have kept VM as my ISP and use the pre-existing connection to connect my router. As i have read (if i have understood that is) i wouldn't necessarily need a VM tv subscription to use the spare satellite connection (of the two shown).

Firstly is this actually the case?

The reason i say this is that when i have read about tuner configuration & such and the fact i would be only using 1 of the tuners i get no signal and the box can find 0 channels?

In respect of my freeview connection currently i use the aerial pictured wired straight to the TV. If worse comes to worse i could live with having to watch freeview channels via my tv as opposed to the zGemma, is there anyway that i could get this to work?

Alternatively, is there any way i can stop the EPG from coming up with so many blank channels (primarily on the freeview channels) as below...

23qgqx.jpg

Hopefully i have covered everything, thanks in advance for any assistance!

H2s is not a cable box. It’s a sat box. You need h2h for virgin

Makes sense! so is there no way to "bodge" to get this to work?

Currently i am happy with the channels i am received but once the sub runs out i'd assume i would encounter problems then?

I believe you can get a cable tuner adapter to fit the H2s but they can be pricey and probably easier just buying a h2h.

It depends on what you plan to do with the box I suppose. Do you have a line sub or just use it for free view and iptv?

Makes sense! so is there no way to "bodge" to get this to work?

Currently i am happy with the channels i am received but once the sub runs out i'd assume i would encounter problems then?
As said, your box is h2s which is satellite. You can't get any channels using a vm feed on that box whether you have a sub or not. You need h2h or a dvb-c tuner to get any channels using the vm feed

I believe you can get a cable tuner adapter to fit the H2s but they can be pricey and probably easier just buying a h2h.

It depends on what you plan to do with the box I suppose. Do you have a line sub or just use it for free view and iptv?

I intend to just use it for IPTV, i purchased it from eBay where somebody had 3 weeks of a subscription left to run just to see whether it would be worthwhile using in the long run.

Ultimately if i could access the non-freeview channels and have the EPG work for those i would probably be content.

Otherwise it's a H2H i will need to buy, lesson learnt in not reading enough before spending cash.

You could keep it then for iptv without issue. Can get the free view channels on iptv. Or yep, sell it and buy a h2h or another cable tuner box

The EPG will never work for the freeview channels with your current setup.

You could keep it then for iptv without issue. Can get the free view channels on iptv. Or yep, sell it and buy a h2h or another cable tuner box

The EPG will never work for the freeview channels with your current setup.

I could probably live with that as i sparingly watch them anyway.

The only issue i need to get my head around now is removing all of the channels that i get no picture/sound from (probably thinking the EPG should only show channels i have access to).

Thanks for helping me out with this.

Yeah could be ipab. I’m not all that familiar with ipab but in one of the menus there will be a bouquet maker. In there you can set the channels to free to air/FTA only. Save it and rescan.

Someone who is more familiar with ipab will be able to provide a more detailed guide I’m sure. Or google

Yeah could be ipab. I’m not all that familiar with ipab but in one of the menus there will be a bouquet maker. In there you can set the channels to free to air/FTA only. Save it and rescan.

Someone who is more familiar with ipab will be able to provide a more detailed guide I’m sure. Or google

Managed to find it in the menu under an "Advanced bouquets Management" header. I have under providers:

1. FreeSat UK: FTA only set to yes
2. SKY ROI set to yes
3. SKY UK set to yes

hopefully i have managed to understand what you had meant above.

Turn sky roi and sky uk to no and then rescan

Managed to do all of that, came up with the timeout lock error and then continued to proceed. After that, a blue screen showing something about an error with a page of code, still no freeview/sat channels on the EPG.

My post was just referring to getting rid of the sky channels. The epg will never populate data with your current setup as the box can’t read the channel feed from your virgin line

My post was just referring to getting rid of the sky channels. The epg will never populate data with your current setup as the box can’t read the channel feed from your virgin line

All makes sense now :(y):

Cheers for helping me out! I will see if i can live with the h2s for now and if over time i tear what little hair i have left out i'll go for a H2H.

Back