Zgemma h2s no sound. Help.

xt3mpzx

I un plugged my box to set up another one and when I re connected my box the sound has stopped working.
I have tried everything I can think of. Re flashed box. Done all updates. Replaced hdmi cable. Tried different box. Tried different settings on the box. Still no sound. Any help? I don't have any speakers connected the sound comes straight from tv. Sound works fine on tv built in freeview.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How weird. Had a sound loss issue myself tonight. (Mine was self inflicted tho). I was playing about with settings and didn't even realise i had affected my sound. Anyway sussed it out luckily. When I set up my box I merged my remote so I don't have 2. So the zgemma remote controls the main volume and standby on my tv. Don't know how but I was messing about adding a USB for recording and removed my HDD. Anyway I lost sound in the process. Ended up separating my remotes so they are now back to individual use one for tv one for zgemma. Hey presto the volume had gone to zero on the zgemma. Don't know if you use one or two remotes but if like me you use one try separating them and turn up the zgemmas volume.

How weird. Had a sound loss issue myself tonight. (Mine was self inflicted tho). I was playing about with settings and didn't even realise i had affected my sound. Anyway sussed it out luckily. When I set up my box I merged my remote so I don't have 2. So the zgemma remote controls the main volume and standby on my tv. Don't know how but I was messing about adding a USB for recording and removed my HDD. Anyway I lost sound in the process. Ended up separating my remotes so they are now back to individual use one for tv one for zgemma. Hey presto the volume had gone to zero on the zgemma. Don't know if you use one or two remotes but if like me you use one try separating them and turn up the zgemmas volume.

Thanks for reply.
I use both controls I have tried volume on the box and the tv there both up. I have never setup to use single remote.
I'm thinking something has broken inside the box which isn't software related ?

Sorry mate. Worth a try I guess. Your symptoms were the same as mine no sound from zgemma but sound from tv. I'm sure the clever guys on here will have ideas and suggestions & remedies to have your sound back up

Cheers

May seem silly but you have pressed the audio button on remote and turned downmix on yeah?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Sorry late reply. But yes I have done both. It has done it on my other box before but turning it off and on again fixed it but not this time.
Still no sound.

Don't know if this would work but you mentioned you were setting up second box yes? Did that work ok and was it another zgemma box like for like? If so why not back up those settings and apply them to the box with no sound. That'll eliminate settings being wrong if nothing else.

Has happened me a few times.

Turn off both the box and the TV. Plug out any other HDMI cables you have into the TV except for the box (i.e. PS4, Chromecast, BluRay player etc.)

Turn TV and box back on and check if it's working.

Also, there were some sound issues (don't know if it was WooshBuild specific or not) where the sound wouldn't work if it was under 86. So just make sure volume is turned up to 100.

i have tired all of these things. i have flashed box from scratch again and also a backup of my other one that has sound. still nothing.

Nope I did try that today. I flashed open atv 5.3 back on from zgemma site and then done factory reset.

So how about a factory reset without any builds. So basically it'll be a free sat box?

Found out that it does it on 3 zgemma h2s boxes on my tv so I tried them on a different one and works fine.
I don't understand why the zgemma boxes have suddenly stopped working with my tv?
Both hdmi ports work with everything else inc openboxes.
Anyone no what could of happened

Yep tried a different one. Both hdmi cables work with a different tv and with a openbox on this Samsung tv.

Back