Cable zgemma h7s adding a second terrestrial tuner

dech1969

Hi

I recently got my new h7s up and running with sat and saorview and everything is working great with openvix
I would like to add a second terrestrial tuner to the box so that i can watch one and record another saor channel at the same time.

There is alot of information about the HMP-COMBO | DVB C/T2 HYBRID USB TUNER in the threads but they are hard to come by.

I am just wondering has anyone added the dvb c/t2 tuner to the h7s or is it possibly to do so with this box and secondly are there other usb tuners that would work as opposed to the HMP combo tuner.

Will the h7s allow a tuner d so that i will have 2 sat feeds and 2 terrestrial feeds

Many Thanks

Last edited:
If you get the PlayStation tuner that will work. It uses the dib0700 drivers and is a twin tuner. It doesn't have DVB-T2, but that doesn't matter in Rep of Ireland.

The Xbox one tuner will also work. But it won't show signal levels unless you use OpenSPA

Last edited:
If you get the PlayStation tuner that will work. It uses the dib0700 drivers and is a twin tuner. It doesn't have DVB-T2, but that doesn't matter in Rep of Ireland.

The Xbox one tuner will also work. But it won't show signal levels unless you use OpenSPA
Thanks, I found the dib0700 driver and installed it for the playstation tuner. Can you please tell me which playstation tuner i should be purchasing now for this to work do you have some link or more information because i am not familiar with the playstation tuners and i presume there are different types TIA

Thanks, I found the dib0700 driver and installed it for the playstation tuner. Can you please tell me which playstation tuner i should be purchasing now for this to work do you have some link or more information because i am not familiar with the playstation tuners and i presume there are different types TIA
Are the saorview and Freesat channels much different?
I thought saorview was basically Freeview, I'd have thought the same channels would also be on Freesat?

If i needed to record box would do that and if tv has a Saorview tuner view on that as it saves you money.

Must check out if the

Dvb Sky Usb Tuner works in it

I thought saorview was basically Freeview, I'd have thought the same channels would also be on Freesat?
No as we have feck all channels on Saorview and not on sat

LCNChannelNotesBroadcast HoursMultiplexResolution
1RTÉ OneFull-time24 hours2RN 21440x1080i
2RTÉ2Full-time24 hours2RN 11440x1080i
3Virgin Media OneCommercial24 hours2RN 1544x576i
4TG4Irish-language24 hours2RN 11440x1080i
5Virgin Media TwoCommercial07:00 - 03.00
(Times vary slightly)
2RN 1544x576i
6Virgin Media ThreeCommercial06:00 - 03:00
(Times vary slightly)
2RN 2544x576i
7Virgin Media FourCommercial06:00 - 03:00
(Times vary slightly)
2RN 2544x576i
8ChallengeCommercial07:00 - 06:002RN 2544x576i
11RTÉ One +1Timeshift of RTÉ One24 hours2RN 2544x576i
12RTÉ2 +1Timeshift of RTÉ2Mon-Fri: 19:00 - 02:30
Sat-Sun: 12:00 - 02:30
(Times vary slightly)
2RN 2544x576i
17RTÉjrChildren's07:00 - 19:002RN 2544x576i
21RTÉ NewsRolling news (live content & repeats)24 hours2RN 1704x576i
22Tithe an OireachtaisOireachtas and European Parliament proceedingsMon-Fri: 09:00 - 00:00
(Times vary slightly)
2RN 1544x576i
23Sky NewsRolling news24 hours2RN 2704x576i
29Saorview InformationChannel overview24 hours2RN 2Data
Future Channels

• Cúla4 - spin-off kids channel from TG4, set to launch on September 8, 2023.[20]
  • TG4 +1 - timeshift of TG4, set to launch on September 8, 2023.
There are a large number of hidden channels that are not visible on most receivers[21] which are presumably reserved for future services:

• 9–10, 13–16, 18–20, 24-28 and 30-32: Blank TV channels
  • 50 and 51: Test cards
  • 212-220: Blank audio channels
  • 252-255: Data channels
  • 33–49, 52–199, 221-251 and 256 Upwards: Channels not currently in use. In some areas, the relevant UK Freeview services may appear here.

Thanks for your reply All the Irish channels are scrambled and are only available by subscription through sky, so no free sat option, In Ireland however they are available free to air through a roof terrestrial ariel, I have this working through the zgemms h7s but i just want a second terrestrial tuner so that i can record and watch a different channl

If i needed to record box would do that and if tv has a Saorview tuner view on that as it saves you money.

Must check out if the

Dvb Sky Usb Tuner works in it
yes i understand what you are saying its just if your watching something on the ZGemma and a recording timer kicks it the box will only then display the channel that it’s about to record so its more of a convenience things to have 2 sat feeds and 2 terrestrial feeds

yes i understand what you are saying its just if your watching something on the ZGemma and a recording timer kicks it the box will only then display the channel that it’s about to record so its more of a convenience things to have 2 sat feeds and 2 terrestrial feeds
I assume you can watch/record two different sat channels at the same time now? You want the same for saorview?

Yes they have you for ads on everything, RTE player is notorious for it. they will force you to watcg ads for about 5 mins and throughout any conten, nothing like being able to do a 32 or 64 fast forward 😂
An hour program is normally 40 minutes when you fast forward through all those garbage ads (y)

Back