Zgemma H9 Combo Freezing

901ennud

Hi. I had a H9 Combo running, Dvb-S, Dvb-T and IPTV without issue but the HDMI port stopped working so I got a replacement box. I've had to flash woohsbuild to the new box on OpenAtv 6.4

I'm using a HDD, and both Dvb-S and Dvb-T streams are running fine. However IPTV streams freeze after 20 seconds and sometimes a message "Buffering -1%" displays at the top of the screen. My IPTV is loaded with XE and I've tried different variations of stream format with different Service App players, and none work.

Only difference I can see between this new box with the old box that worked was I am now running OpenATV 6.4 compared to 6.2 previously but I can't see that making much of a difference. Anyone got any ideas?

Buffering is usually network related , have you tried the rebooting of router and box.

Is box hard wired or using wifi.

Unsure if its IPTV provider issue but others that use it can advise better.

Thanks. Box is wired via poweline adapters, I have a mutant hd51 too which I've used the exact same connection / wire with and plays without buffering.

It feels like a player error or something as the interval between zapping to a channel and freezing is always 20 seconds, there is no buffering in between. The streams were all playing fine a couple of weeks ago on the old box, but unfortunately that had to be replaced as the HDMI port was faulty.

Hi. I had a H9 Combo running, Dvb-S, Dvb-T and IPTV without issue but the HDMI port stopped working so I got a replacement box. I've had to flash woohsbuild to the new box on OpenAtv 6.4

I'm using a HDD, and both Dvb-S and Dvb-T streams are running fine. However IPTV streams freeze after 20 seconds and sometimes a message "Buffering -1%" displays at the top of the screen. My IPTV is loaded with XE and I've tried different variations of stream format with different Service App players, and none work.

Only difference I can see between this new box with the old box that worked was I am now running OpenATV 6.4 compared to 6.2 previously but I can't see that making much of a difference. Anyone got any ideas?
I have the H9 Combo box with OpenATV 6.4 & WooshBuild Infinity on VM BB 350Mbps.
I installed these 2 Plugins to minimise freezing: ServiceApp 0.5 & QuarterPounder 6.2.0m

Last edited:
sounds like crap servers supplier side or net running crap so struggling with channels or if usd set up its not setup fully n still using internal whitch is crapon zemmas

it u have not setup right delete n follow this
usb setup
menu,setup,system,storage devices
initialise
let it initialise
bk to tv
menu,info panel,plugins
swap manager
create
let it create n press 256 mb
n yellow 4 auto start,red to make active
exit into mount manager ,green setup n save on media/hdd ,box will reboot then check usb is media/hdd in settings

Thanks for guide. Yeah all good. HDD is mounted correctly, EPG / recordings saving there. Network fine on my side getting 100 Mbps+ speed on box. I've even rolled back to Open ATV 6.2 but still getting the freezing at the same interval everytime

I'd contact supplier ask about stability n uptime there has been a few sources having channel uptime issues lately tbf id bare with em a few days they may b fixing same issue all have had lately

Thanks for guide. Yeah all good. HDD is mounted correctly, EPG / recordings saving there. Network fine on my side getting 100 Mbps+ speed on box. I've even rolled back to Open ATV 6.2 but still getting the freezing at the same interval everytime
Open terminal on your computer, Type root and enter, Put in password and enter, Type opkg update and hit enter again

Thanks all. Sorry for not getting back sooner. But issue is still persisting. I tried the above command via terminal and it executed without issue but still no joy.
I also contacted provider who says everything is in order on his panel etc. I am setting up this box for the father in law, and my own box (mutant hd51) plays streams from the same provider without any issue.

I am going to reflash with openatv and not install wooshbuild to see if the issue is with some WB setting

Thanks all. Sorry for not getting back sooner. But issue is still persisting. I tried the above command via terminal and it executed without issue but still no joy.
I also contacted provider who says everything is in order on his panel etc. I am setting up this box for the father in law, and my own box (mutant hd51) plays streams from the same provider without any issue.

I am going to reflash with openatv and not install wooshbuild to see if the issue is with some WB setting
Use jedimaker plugin instead of XE.
It integrates with sat and Freeview channels in epg and is more stable than XE.
All you need is host port user and password from your provider

Got Jedi installed, had to mess around with service app but eventually got streams playing on 5002 player but unfortunately they are still freezing at the 30 seconds after the channel starts

Got Jedi installed, had to mess around with service app but eventually got streams playing on 5002 player but unfortunately they are still freezing at the 30 seconds after the channel starts
Change player for live to 4097.
Reboot.
Try again

Last edited:
Streams not loading on 4097 unfortunately, could only get 5002 to work. I am thinking it is some network issue that is blocking connection from this device for some reason

Streams not loading on 4097 unfortunately, could only get 5002 to work. I am thinking it is some network issue that is blocking connection from this device for some reason
Check your nameserver settings.
I'm not in front of my box to check but from memory, Menu Setup System Network Device setup nameserver settings
Make sure 1 is set to 8888 and 2 is set to 8844 and save.
Reboot.
Check they have saved as above after reboot.
Check the IPTV channels again

Same result again unfortunately :(
In that case I'd say it's a provider issue but if it runs ok on a different device then unlikely.
H9 series have been plagued with processor issues so that's a possibility.
Best bet would be to try a free test from someone else and see if it does the same pausing/freezing, if so it's a duff box

Back