Zgemma hard drive setup problems

Hello have managed to get me zgemma setup to record one channel while recording another but 5 mins into recording i get a WRITE ERROR WHILE RECORDING DISK FULL ? yet my hard drive has been initialised on my zgemmma then converted into ext 4 and a swap manger file created anybody got any ideas ?

Yeah Thomas its a 500gb hard drive

so to be clear i ftp in to the box

click on the hdd file

and delete all the files that are inside

Dont delete trash can folder. Only its contents!

Safer way is
Files list button
Go up to trash can but dont select.
Red to delete and confirm yes.
And while ur there what does the % free say in bottom right corner?

Also make sure ur path for record is right and not recording to internal!
Menu
Setup
System
Recordings settings
Make sure set to /HDD/media/movies

Last edited:
Solved this problem myself for some reason it was best setting up my 500gb seagate hdd on its own ie not satellite feeds going into the zgemma box fully setup up my hard drive then connected my satellite feeds then bingo one working hdd setup and working for my workings

Solved this problem myself for some reason it was best setting up my 500gb seagate hdd on its own ie not satellite feeds going into the zgemma box fully setup up my hard drive then connected my satellite feeds then bingo one working hdd setup and working for my workings
Hi. I have this same problem.
I have a zgemma star s2 with a formatted 500 gb ext hard drive. It will record most of the program then say the disk is full when it clearly isn't.
Can anyone give me an idiots guide on how to fix this?
Thanks in advance.
Dom

Follow the guides

Format
Initialise
Swapfile
Reboot
Epg download
Reboot
Check paths for ts and record.

Also make sure ur trashcan is empty in case thats using all ur space

Follow the guides

Format
Initialise
Swapfile
Reboot
Epg download
Reboot
Check paths for ts and record.

Also make sure ur trashcan is empty in case thats using all ur space

Sorry so format hd when it's connected to my pc
Initialise it with the box
Not sure what swap file is??
Download epg
Reboot
Check path for record
Don't have Ts on my box?
Sorry for all the questions
Dom

hi set up my zgemma h2s box and it was recording away perfect then last night i went in to watch a program i had recorder and there was nothing there. i was not in the media/hdd.movie folder and it was no where to be seen. any ideas would be great thanks. im using sucmnsee image for the h2s.

Having a similar problem... plugged in my zgemma h2s and it recorded one thing then stopped recording.. I've plugged in a external hard drive (1tb hitachi) and it recorded a few other things but when I went to record more it came up with EEROR message saying disk full etc... I've gone to check all recordings to fine everything gone and now my hitachi has blown as everything has been wiped... Anyone else had this and is so how the hell do I fix it???

Back