Cable Zgemma help & advice.

Hi guys I'm new to all of this so please forgive me if there's already a thread somewhere else. A few things I'd appreciate some advice on.

1. I'm currently in the process of cancelling my virgin package Tv/Broadband/Phone. Do I need to have an active virgin service to use a Zgemma box? I.e. Do I need to keep at least tv or broadband or will the box work using the original virgin cable once I've cancelled my services?

2. I've read a few people say that they bought the box expecting HD channels but they don't get them, something to do with tuners or something? (No idea what they're talking about).

3. If Buy a fully loaded box does that mean i just need to plug it in & it'll work from the off? I've heard people mention 'flashing' but not sure if that's something you do if your box isn't fully loaded already?

Like I say, I'm new to all of this so please forgive the ignorance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are using vm cable on back of the box and getting HD channels that means you have cable line & will need to keep their broadband or TV service.

If you are using satellite leads at the back of the box you can go with any Internet provider. You will need to connect to the Internet at all times.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

If you are using vm cable on back of the box and getting HD channels that means you have cable line & will need to keep their broadband or TV service.

If you are using satellite leads at the back of the box you can go with any Internet provider. You will need to connect to the Internet at all times.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk

I don't have the box yet so I don't know if it'll have HD channels but I would be using the cables that we use for virgin. Does that mean I'd have to keep one of the virgin services regardless?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'lld keep minimum virgin internet to keep your feed live. Some say that vm don't cut the feed unless they run out of room in the cabinet but you'll need an internet connection to unscramble the channels so just ask them to keep internet only that way you don't need pay for line rental unlike other Internet services and you don't run the risk of been cut off at any point

Back