Zgemma help

welshy200

Newbie question and hope this doesn't get on anyone nerves or been asked elsewhere and answered:
i have the zgemma-star H2 S2 +T2/C
i wondered if anyone as a guide or can point me in the right direction so I can plug both sly and vermin in the box and have both running so I can watch both. And if so how do I set up the channel lists for both?
thanks in advance

Hello yes you can have a VM feed and a SLY feed into the h2.
this allows you to record one channel on either vm or sat and watch another channel using the other tuner not in use.

I have mine set up so in the bouquets (channel list) it states what bouquet is what:

All you have to do is go into the ABM (autobouquetmaker>configure) and make sure that 'Add Provider Prefix to bouquets'
provider prefix.jpg
after saving that do a scan then your channel lists will look like this:
bouquets.jpg

Hi there,
i seem to have it working but I have an issue with the EPG it's working for the sky channels but not vermin for some reason can you help please
thanks

Okay so are you using epgimporter for vermin channels & is that setup to auto download each day?
For sly epg I would use cross epg 0.62(think it is 0.62) ive experienced isues with crossepg 0.81(think its 0.81) so I reccomend using 0.62. I have a ipk installation file for cross epg ill send you it later if you havent found it.
Also set the storage for the epg settings to your USB/HDD
And not internal storage.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Okay go over to the providers in crossepg and make sure sky astra 28.2 is ticked

That's ticked and setup I get the sly epg no issues it's the virmin one I don't get. Shall I try the epgimporter ?
thanks again

Yeah download epgimporter & ill send you some instructions on what to do, straight forward :)
apologies I thought it was the other way around

go to epgimporter
Automatic import EPG : yes
Automatic start time: *after your bouquets update*

press blue *Sources*
Click ok on rytec Virmin UK XMLTV
then green to save
importepgsources.jpg

Then click yellow to manually import

Think ive sorted it thanks very much, dont suppose you xould help with one last thing,the box as become very laggy and un resposive will it be because i have timeshift on ? All the epg and thinks are set to my usb device so thats fine. Or is there anything else i could do speed it up. Thanks for all your help.

I turn timeshift off but you can turn Autorecord off and set start timeshift after say 10 seconds and timeshift will only work when you press pause

I would remove extra plugins too also picons if you have them installed

Last edited:
Guys everything ive done seems to have work thanks so much, one last thing i know i can back up now will it bk up all my settings ive just done and if so whats best way of backibg it up. Thanks again guys

are you on openvix or openatv?

if your on vix:
Menu
Setup
VIX
Backup Manager
press menu - choose where you would like to back it up to (HDD or USB)
press green to save
Press green to make a new backup. if it is stuck on a number then leave it and come back to it.
Then put the backup file on a laptop or somewhere safe :)

Back