ZGemma Newbie

I was In the same boat as you. I followed wooshbuild instructions and had my box up and running in 20 mins.
Also search YouTube for zgemma wooshbuild and all explained for you. Dont look too deep if your just wanting a sky replacement [emoji6]
I have 2 h2s running all channels and couldn't be happier. Also get kodi and IPTV with wooshbuild so I am more than happy
For all channels to work wooshbuild makes it very easy

Roseyp

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

can anyone tell me how to set up zgemma h2s box please?

---------- Post Merged at 05:31 PM ----------

can anyone tell me how to set up zgemma h2s box please?

You would be best flashing your box with wooshbuild & that will give you the same layout as sly for your epg TV guide & info bar along the bottom of the screen etc. You will find plenty guides & help by looking at other posts In the Zgemma H2S section of the forum.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Hi, please bear with me.
I've seen so much recently about ZGemma boxes I've decided to get one myself.
BUt what do I do with it when I get it?
I'm a maint. elect. of 40 years experience, repair allsorts mechanically, pneumatically and electrically, program PL7 PLC's but when it comes to reading about these boxes it's right over my head !
They seem so so technical and difficult it's like trying to read another language !
I thought of buying a programmed box off E*** but have read I'm throwing money away and if I buy a box and prog. it up myself.....I'll save £100 !
So, when I get one and open the box,.......... what do I do with it????
Do i plug it in and off I go?
Do I need to flash it with any software?
If so where do I get this software from?
Do I need a fast internet connection?
Has it to be wired or wireless?
If this post is in the wrong forum or mentioning things it shouldn't please forgive me.
Please reply here or feel free to private message me

You will need to flash it and program it before you can use it. Then you need to add a line in it before you get the sky package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just wanted to thank you to everyone for this. Like the OP, i'm new to all this and found all (ok most) of this advice spot on.
My only question is how do I get a "line"? Is this like a sky subscription? I want to get set up ready for f1 in March...

Thanks again all.

G

Just wanted to thank you to everyone for this. Like the OP, i'm new to all this and found all (ok most) of this advice spot on.
My only question is how do I get a "line"? Is this like a sky subscription? I want to get set up ready for f1 in March...

Thanks again all.

G

Look in the general satellite section at the top of the page there be a thread recommend satellite server just post in there when your ready and your get a load of private messages

Thanks chaps, I think I got the gist of things now.

1, buy a zgemma H2s
2, flash it with wooshbuild to get a smilar listing to slyk
3, buy a "gift" and also send this cfg file to the box

....and thats it ! . . . am I on the right track ?

Can I ask what Kodi is? is it a streaming app which needs a fast internaet connection?

Why would anyone need Kodi for streaming via the internet if a zgemma can do it through a satellite dish?

Thank you.

---------- Post Merged at 08:46 PM ----------

One more thing...I see quite number of users have TWO zgemma H2S's running.

For what reason?

Does that mean they can record 4 different channels?

please??

Kodi is a media centre that you can stick dodgy add ons on to access stuff like films and TV shows and, yes, live streams, though it's a bit naff for that. You do need good internet for streaming, yes. But you can't put full Kodi on a Zgemma, just a rubbish version that doesn't really work and looks nothing like full Kodi.

People have two for all manner of reasons - having the channels in more than one room, having ability to record four channels as you say, suppose some will have a second dish for European satellites attached to another box perhaps.

Kodi is a media centre that you can stick dodgy add ons on to access stuff like films and TV shows and, yes, live streams, though it's a bit naff for that. You do need good internet for streaming, yes. But you can't put full Kodi on a Zgemma, just a rubbish version that doesn't really work and looks nothing like full Kodi.

People have two for all manner of reasons - having the channels in more than one room, having ability to record four channels as you say, suppose some will have a second dish for European satellites attached to another box perhaps.
Hi
Kodi allows you to stream movies and box sets / series via the internet. Anything above 4 meg will work. IPTV is much quicker though.
I have 2 zgemma as I had multi room in a previous set up. This way I kept things the same and have 2 satellite channels running throughout my house via a coax network to every TV. This way I can generally please everyone in the house. I needed 2 RF modulators @ £16 each but it all works !
Roseyp

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Sorry, should've been clearer - you only really *need* good internet for live streams. You can run IPTV through Kodi which is what I meant by streaming though as I say I could've been clearer there.

But yeah 4 meg is fine for streaming films and series, you just might get a little buffering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back