Zgemma not recognising Internet connection. Options?

itskenallen

Hi guys.
My first post so forgive me if this has already been answered.

Went on hols for a few weeks and came back to find my Zgemma H2s stuck on the boot up splash screen with "please wait" in the top corner. It's running OpenVix. The time is coming on the display and I can access the settings menu etc, just a black screen when I try to select a paid channel. The fta channels work if I press FAV and select them manually. Basically it's not recognising my ethernet connection which I have proven to be fine with another H2s and cable tester etc. It seems either the network card in the unit is defective or its a software issue.

1. What are my options here as I don't have a back up image made ( I know I know, shame on me).?

2. A friend has a back up of his made and the line is from the same source. Could I flash using his back up?

TIA

Is your ethernet plugged in?

Go to.
Menu
Setup
Softcam
Softcam manager
Then press yellow.

Why is the broken ethernet stopping you backing up exactly? The backup process happens to a USB drive..

Why not make a backup, then flash from scratch.. if it's still no go then it may be a dead NIC.

I haven't tried to back up yet. I figured no point backing up something that doesn't work? I'd have to back up my line anyway I suppose.
Was thinking maybe Wooshbuild might work.

Ken

It could be a line issue mate if your getting fta channels try this.
Menu
Setup
System
Network
Device setup
Then run a network test and restart network

I did that too Liam. No network.
I actually bought 5 for family and all the others still work. The line is from the same source.
Ken

Are other box's working on your ethernet connection? ie can you plug the ethernet cable that is currently in your not working box into another box? that would just eliminate if its the box or the ethernet cable/network.

Read my OP above grog68.
My ethernet cable is fine. My broadband is fine. I've tested another box with it and tested the cable with a tester.

Liam.. No network connection on the network test.

Sent from my SM-G928F

Is there anyway I could find this out on the box? I don't think I can contact the provider anymore.

Sent from my SM-G928F

The only way is to ftp the line details from your box to the computer then paste your line into a check website and see if it's live.
First though can you go to:
Menu
Infomation
Network
And see if it's connected
Should have a green dot net to link

Read my OP above grog68.
My ethernet cable is fine. My broadband is fine. I've tested another box with it and tested the cable with a tester.

Liam.. No network connection on the network test.

Sent from my SM-G928F

Oops sorry missed that bit

---------- Post Merged at 04:44 PM ----------

Is there anyway I could find this out on the box? I don't think I can contact the provider anymore.

Sent from my SM-G928F

You could get a free 24 hour test line and put that on your box, if that works then it's your line

I'm not too well on setting up lines tbh.. Must look that up. Maybe flashing the Wooshbuild might he the handiest thing to do. Updating and Putting in lines is easy with this build.

Sent from my SM-G928F

Allen earlier on you said that you had no network connection when you ran a network test, if this is the case your box is not connected to the Internet and can not de Scramble the channels that would be why you are only getting FTA

This is certainly the way it looks Liamt. But, as I've said already the actual cable and router, connection etc are all good.

Sent from my SM-G928F

OK do the following then.
Menu
Setup
System
Network
Device setup
Network wizard

This should restart your network

You have no chance to ftp to the box and the line will never work if there is no network connection through the adapter.
I would backup my line to usb using dream-explorer and flash the woosh basebuild again.
If still no network, it is a fault on the box.

Thanks Willo.. Ur correct. It doesn't display any network info. Is dream Explorer a plug in already on the box.. Or?

Sent from my SM-G928F

Back