Zgemma not recognising Internet connection. Options?

Doh!...... Can you download it on your PC from my dropbox? Link here.

You need to extract and install the ipk. Can't remember offhand where to do it on Vix.
It will be in Menu > Vix or software management, Install Local Extension.
Reboot and should appear in plugins.

Edit: I just put Vix on my box to try it:
Unzip the Dream Explorer ipk file to a USB stick, insert into front port and the option to install the extension appears on screen.

Edit: Another option might be to buy a USB wifi adapter to give you an internet connection.
This one works straight out of the box and less than £4.

Edit: Also you must make a settings backup and an image backup. You are sure then that your line details will be backed up to external storage and can be extracted even if someone else has to do it for you.

Last edited:
Wifi adapter won't connect either. I have that same one u linked me to I'll try dream Explorer there when I get home.

Sent from my SM-G928F

Ok.. Have dream explore on. Now to find where the line is stored.. Lol

Edit.. Gotcha. Image and line backup in process now.

Sent from my SM-G928F

Last edited:
Ok guys. Got my box working and all channels working again.
Did an image backup and reflashed it and all is good again.
Thx a million to Willo and Liamt and anyone else who gave their input.

Sent from my SM-G928F

i have the same prob box working but when i put my ip adress on filezilia it doesnt find the box

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

i have the same prob box working but when i put my ip adress on filezilia it doesnt find the box

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Are you entering the Internal ip address of the box, normally starts 192.168. , or are you entering the external IP provided by your ISP when you connect to the internet?

You should be using the internal IP address, on OpenATV based builds press blue button -> Network -> Network Interface and you will see the IP address of the box which is the one you need to enter into filezilla.

Think I have a similar issue - the NIC just isn't getting an IP when DHCP is on - everything just says N/A.

If I try and set the IP as static and run the network test, that doesn't work either. Annoyingly it just died whilst I was watching the football, and just as we'd scored too!!

Will try flashing like the OP and see what happens - a factory reset didn't help though so I'm not hopeful

Factory reset doesn't work like it should even vix have said it's miss leading just reflash rather than reset.

Check your connections to box wired is best then homeplugs lastly wireless.

Hi I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, JUST BOUGHT A ZGEMMA TO REPLACE MY OPENBOX. FOLLOWED SOME INFO GIVEN TO ME AND FLASHED WITH OPENDROID BUT NOTHING WORKED NOW TRYING TO FACTORY RESET. ANYONE KNOW WHAT FILE I NEED TO FLASH IT WITH TO VIEW SKY

---------- Post Merged at 09:28 PM ----------

Hi I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM, JUST BOUGHT A ZGEMMA TO REPLACE MY OPENBOX. FOLLOWED SOME INFO GIVEN TO ME AND FLASHED WITH OPENDROID BUT NOTHING WORKED NOW TRYING TO FACTORY RESET. ANYONE KNOW WHAT FILE I NEED TO FLASH IT WITH TO VIEW SKY

Can't understand why they leave the factory reset option in zgemma systems.
Was discussing the ATV factory reset with woosh a little while ago, trying to figure out what it does and he explained it deletes your master settings file and replaces it with a totally blank file which then causes a nice bootloop
Depending on the way you look at it I guess you could say it does work as you have to do a fresh install after lol

---------- Post Merged at 09:28 PM ----------

In the stickysection here
Zgemma-Star H.2S

---------- Post Merged at 09:34 PM ----------

Can't understand why they leave the factory reset option in zgemma systems.
Was discussing the ATV factory reset with woosh a little while ago, trying to figure out what it does and he explained it deletes your master settings file and replaces it with a totally blank file which then causes a nice bootloop
Depending on the way you look at it I guess you could say it does work as you have to do a fresh install after lol

This is what vix said

Factory reset is a misleading title. It is not a factory reset. The only thing that will factory reset is installing the same image that was installed when it left the factory. Flashing any image removes all of the previous stuff.

Factory reset just deletes the contents of /etc/enigma2/ This is where most user data is.

Guys... Do NOT factory reset if running OPENVIX as it doesn't do much.

I suggest flashing with Wooshbuild. Search for its thread in Tech kings. It's fairly easy to follow. I've done it on a few boxes now and it's a breeze.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I had the same issue with my H2S when I first set it up. There was no light on the network port on the back of the box and no connection, tried every menu option and ran the network wizard loads of times.

I had to flash with the latest Open ATV to get any lights on the network port, or any lan connection.

Once I had flashed with Open ATV, I could then flash with whatever I wanted.

HTH

I have 3 zgemma boxes all work fine in my house, but then when I took them to 3 different houses they don’t work, then I took 1 to another house and it works fine. Any ideas open atv 6.2 whoosh infinity

Back