Zgemma not showing IP address

Evening everyone

Zgemma running Openvix ready steadily for quite a while no problems.
Had to reset my router and now Zgemma does not show IP address so cannot FTP to it or use the N line.
Ethernet is OK as I have managed to download the latest ABM and also EPG data has downloaded.
DCHP is on
I have tried running the network test and first three sections pass but fails on the IP address and named server.
I have reflashed with a known working backup but still the same issue i.e. does not show IP address

All help very much appreciated

Hi paulstar82

Not yet but as the ABM and EPG downloaded I am confident the homeplugs and ethernet are working but will give it a try tomorrow. It has been doing my head it for the past several hours and I need a break from it and a couple of beers before I throw it out the window.

Try turning DHCP off and giving it a static IP address, just make sure it's not an address that is already used by another device on your network.

Thanks to everyone who provided advice.
All sorted now (phew) Happy teenagers again
I borrowed a long ethernet cable and connected each device straight to the router to prove the devices. All worked.
I unplugged all the home plugs
unplugged the router
waited 5 minutes
Plugged the router back in
plugged the homeplugs in one by one and paired them and all devices sprang back into life

I think it must have just needed a complete power down.

I did try the DCHP but that did not make any difference.

Once again thanks for all the help.

Dekmac2000

Hi there. I have a zGemma H2S with openvix. All the free to air channels are working. I have had it 2 weeks. However I cannot get the zGemma to show the IP address. I got it to show the IP address a couple of days ago, but I cannot get it to show it again. The LAN cable is working from the TP Link socket behind the unit, because when I connect that LAN cable into a PC its showing a good speed on speedtest.net. I have powered down the router and the zGemma and powered back up but still no IP address seen. When I go into Network Test, the LAN adapter is green (LAN Connection), but Local Network is red (disconnected). DHCP is green enabled too, but IP address in unconfirmed, as is Nameserver (red/enconfirmed). Any suggestions please?

Mine was down to the home plugs. They needed restarting. You using them by any chance?

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Similar problem here. I have an osmini. We just upgraded our broadband and received a new router. I have gone into the box settings and changed the router name and password but when I do a Network Test now the box won't connect to the internet and the IP address is unconfirmed. I'm not very tech minded so have only tried the basic things ie switch power off to router and box and then turn back on. But have had no joy. Very frustrating. Any help appreciated. When I go into adapter settings IP Address, Network, Gateway are all N/A.Primary DNS is showing up on but secondary DNS is 0.0.0.0.

Is it connected via LAN cable or wifi?
Wi-Fi. It isn't possible to connect via router as router is in house next door. We piggy back off my father in law's broadband. I've had the box about a year and my iptv has been really good but this change of router has screwed me up a bit.

Back