ZGemma S2 Boot issues

I have set up quite a few S2's and never had any issues until recently. Used wooshbuild v2 (as usual) and box seems to work ok.
First sign of problems is after 7 days. The epg is blank for some channels. Carry out scan and all ok once again. Then next morning box says boot. Tried everything to flash the box but only the wooshbuild v2 flash works. Box runs again and i ftp required files. Then cycle begins again. I have no idea why this happens. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

Where are you saving the epg data to? As sounds like its being saved to internal flash and this will cause your box to play up due to it eating up memory thats vital for other operations. If you go to following menu ull see where epg.dat is being saved to.

Menu/setup/epg/settings

If it says internal flash youll need to change that to your usb stick or hdd whatever you use for your recordings etc. Then reboot box and all should be well long after 7 days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. Like you said it shows internal so i have changed it to my usb. Now we will just wait and see. Once again Many thanks gmanpanyhro.

Electricity went off tonight and when it came back on guess what!!!! Box stuck on boot. Turned off and on again still no joy. Flashed with wooshbuild and back up and running. I am determined to get to the bottom of this issue so any help would be appreciated.

I started factory settings and screen went black. I disconnected power for awhile.reboot reaches second run up to 38 and screen goes black again.No response from remote.I have tried a few times with same result.Green light is dim,and won't go standby.I would appreciate any advice.Thanks.

If you interrupted the box part way through & its stopped booting you will need to install from fresh & flash the box, (hope you have a copy of your line)

I thank you very much for the quick reply. I've had problems with it failed tuning on some channels.It would also tell me I had a software problem & had to reboot.I was advised to restore factory settings. This I did & seemed to have fixed problems. But I had not fitted the screen & it was too big. I decided to restore factory settings again to fix it. But this time after a few seconds the screen went black. As I said it would not respond on the remote.When I reboot it goes up the channels about half way,then restarts up to 38 And same thing goes black & will not respond. I loaded line through Filezilla,Which would'nt work until I reset factory settings. Thanks.

have you tried leaving it on, just because its showing a blank screen doesnt mean its not working away in the background, If it is part way through doing its updates dont be put off by a blank screen give it time to do what ever it is doing rather than interrupting by powering off. Its not a good idea to stop a box when its performing updates/resets this often causes a boot loop (counting up then recounting up but not getting to 100 or displaying to screen).
If the box is indeed in a boot loop you have no option but to flash & set it up again

Last edited:
I have been disconnecting power in hope to reboot.I will take your advice & leave it on. The recounting actually does go to 100. but it's stone dead. I will leave it on. Cheers.

its a 2S so not the fastest of boxes, Id leave it about 10 to 15 mins & if it still hasnt sorted itself out then it needs to be reflashed

Again thank you for your help.Just to be clear what do you mean by flashed. I could'nt get the lines to copy & paste unto a flash drive for some reason.I tried to after the lines would not work from filezilla that's where I was told it was a tuning problem I had & to start from scratch hence I went to factory reset. As I say that cured it. Doing it again was where it went wrong. Would I be able to repeat this process rather than usb flash.

downloaded wooshbuild unto USB. Loaded into back usb & rebooted.Just the same thing as before. Would'nt show on display as USB.

did the box say FLSH on the front when you powered it up with wooshbuild in the back? if not then the box didnt flash, search threads for hddguru as you need to prep the usb & try again

from hddguru I used hard disk low level format tool. That worked very very slowly and when finished it wanted usb format again. I formatted the default fat 32. I then put back wooshbuild on usb and loaded into 2S.I rebooted and nothing had changed. I formatted again ,loaded again, put back into back usb and again same thing.Boots up to 41 0r so,reboots to 38 ,picture goes & it boots 100% an

BeakyFord, a million thanks again.Using two different flash drives with lots of formatting I finally got it to flash. It put the new skin on and changed the rebooting back to normal. But I still lose the picture half way through. I have audio though and can hear channels changing. At least that's something and thanks to you I won't bin it just yet. I shall persevere. Thanks again.

punks 26, that was all my problem as you can see from previous threads here. You have to do a reflash as described by beakyford. I made mistakes so took awhile to sort it, like i should have loaded zgemma folder only from wooshbuild folder. Go to top and read beakyford advice. sorts everything out.

Having done a search as I was experiencing the same issue, it turns out for me, the TV output or resolution settings were set too high, during the boot sequence at around half way, the box will jump to the resolution u set it to. Try a different TV... Also if u don't have access to another TV, a re flash should sort it for you.

Back