Zgemma S2 not working

mixmanx

OK, I've got a new Zgemma S2 box delivered but when I plug it in it just says BOOT on the display. I've putting a USB stick to flash it but it doesn't do anything different. Have I just got a dead box?

---------- Post Merged at 08:37 PM ----------

Sorry, just to add, I tried a low level format, then full windows format on the USB and it has the sucmnsee image on it.

I'm formatting a Sandisk one now, the two I have tried were just old unbranded cheap ones, 4gb and 512mb.

Which method of starting the process of reading from the usb stick. I tried the power on with stick inserted but with no luck. The only way was to rename the text file on the usb stick. The file is "noforce" rename to "force" use same extension.
hope this helps.

Try renaming the file called noflash to flash it should go straight into flashing the box on power up no other actions are required.
let me know if it that helps you.
les

There is already a file called force, but nothing called flash or noflash. The box does do anything other than say BOOT whether there is a USB in or not.

It should boot, if all you have done is plug it in and turned it on.

Question is, will a re flash fix it..

Sometimes a brand new usb stick is the way to go, something that hasnt been formatted or used too much already by a micro$oft PC/Laptop
Cruzer blades usually work

Last edited:
try holding the power button in when you switch the box on until the box flashes, I had to do this when changing from one image to another. Same thing just boot all the time, its long shot but something which hasn't been said.

Your file on your stick should say (zgemma) thats why its not flashing,when you downloaded the sucumnsee file,just extract or unzip the file and you will see the file called zgemma so just transfer that to the stick and insert it into the rear port and power up the box and it should say flash on the front panel,if not press the power button on the front panel

Last edited:
OK, so I've tried everything here with no luck, tried all the USB sticks I have still no joy, tried holding buttons, both USB slots but nothing. It doesn't do anything at all, just says boot, whether it has a USB in or not, so I think the box is dead.

Try taking out the usb stick then power down the receiver and unplug from the wall, then replace the
stick with your new image in the front port and power up and hopefully it will flash.

hi mixmanx

you should put power of, then put usb stick in back of reciver, then switch on power same time you press the button on front left side when put file in usb make sure called the zgemma then it will flash.

OK, I may have sussed this, tried one more time with a Lexar USB and it seems to have worked. It showed FLASH for a bit, then BOOT again, then started counting up from 0. It's stopped at 49 though?

Useful info here guys. My first Zgemma should arrive in the next day or two and i think my #1 priority is a new usb before it arrives!!

Right, this is working now, scanning for channels in the setup. I don't expect it made a difference, but the image I use was the openvix one from zgemma.tv, but I reckon I can reflash it if I need to using the same USB etc.

Back