Zgemma slow to load up from standby

dozzler

Hi all, recently got a zgemma h.s single tuner and installed wooshbuild. Allworks fine but epg is sometimes slow to respond to remote and also when in standby for a while it takes a few attempts of pressing the power on button on the remote for it to load. Any ideas?

Got it from eBay but was brand new in sealed packaging with no image loaded. Just put wooshbuild on and line in. It's okay most of the time except when left in standby for a while

Might be a stupid thing to ask but have you taken all the plastic off it as they do not like to get to hot. Power supply might need replacing?

Processor power springs to mind.
The receiver has a lot of work to do with the size of the processor in the zgemma.

For example a zgemma with take approximately 1m 40 seconds to download a three day epg.
A mutant HD 51 will do the same job in 16 seconds.
A better spec receiver will cope better with the simplest of tasks ;-)

I did debate on a different receiver but decided as I was at the start of my sat receiver journey I would go snall and cheap to begin. Will see how I get on and possibly upgrade. Didn't know whether it would be worth using a more striped down image with less on it than wooshbuild see if that helps.

I did debate on a different receiver but decided as I was at the start of my sat receiver journey I would go snall and cheap to begin. Will see how I get on and possibly upgrade. Didn't know whether it would be worth using a more striped down image with less on it than wooshbuild see if that helps.
We all start off on cheap and chearful receivers, it's a natural progression to want a better one ;-)
Yes try building your own image, it's fun and you learn something

They are slow and sometimes unresponsive

I have 2 Zgemma S's one runs Sucmnsee's Vix image with plugins the other runs a bare bones new version of OpenATV
I guess there is a small difference in speed, not much at all. They are both slow! lol

Back