zgemma-star 2s box software problem

dustinfox

I did a software update on my zgemma box, which i know now i should not have done, as it has feked my box up. it takes ages for the channels to turn over now. when i go to BACKUP MANAGER IT SAYS THERE IS A PROBLEM WITH MY DEVICE AND TO PLEASE REFORMAT AND TRY A NEXT BACKUP. when i do this it says backup failed you have a software problem and reboots itself. the reason i tried a software update was because when i pressed the EPG button there was no channel details just blank spaces. Please can anyone help. I am not a tech-head

1) If you are using a line, make a backup of your file. This wont survive a reflash so you will need to manually add it later.
2) Reflash your box.
3) Never do an online update on a Vix build.

I'd recommend one of MTPockets' fine ATV builds. The latest 4.2 version is good, especially with Kiddac's Slyk skin dropped on top. And you can do online updates safely.

Last edited:
as has been said, the vix team don't officially support the zgemma, so on line updates can and do cause problems, that's why many people prefer to stick with an openATV image that you can safely update on line. if you are going to do stuff, make sure you save a copy of your line somewhere safe as flashing new images etc can remove your line

Back