Zgemma star 2s Factory Reset??

Gindo

Hi , Ive had a few probs setting up so I thought ill do a factory reset and start all over again only problem is it looks like it keeps resetting but nothing happens , so I thought id flash it with the Apollo 147 and everything is up and running but my worry is that I have lost my factory settings can I get the original Openatv settings from somewhere ?, And before anyone asks I did not do a back up too busy messing .
Thanks

sucmnsee thanks ,do I download the latest one or with the very first one?? does the download put it back to first set up stage ?

Last edited:
Just go to above site and pick ur box (carefully) then download most up to date of what u want. Like vix, pli, atv etc.

Then open and copy zgemma folder to usb and flash away.
you will need ur gift to ftp to box after

Hi Sucmnsee, having issues FTPing to my Zgemma Star 2s. Failing autherntication with username and password.

Hoping this wasn't changed by the previous owner. Tried using root and pass as the logins and a few others ive seen on forums. Any ideas on what the username and password might be or what i can do to reset them to factory?

Cheers,

Hi m8 , With filezilla its your ip address = Host , Username = root and leave password blank and this works for me , Hope this helps you ??

Hi , Only thing I can think of his your ip address may have changed after a reboot . I had a problem kept putting what I thought was the ip addy but it had changed , no idea why but it did

Its definitely not that, the IP address is given from the router via DHCP and i can see the box in the ARP table of the router. I think the password has been changed. Does anyone know if there is a way to factory reboot it?

Turn of box, any homeplugs, router.
turn on router.
wait 2 mins
Turn on homeplugs.
Wait 1 min
reboot box and see if helped.

I can see the device on Filezilla and when connecting via telnet. I'm definitely connecting to the correct IP, it just seems that whenever I enter the password, or leave it blank, it wont let me into the device.

Ill try that when i get home.

Its currently running OpenVix. If i Flash it with OpenATV do you think that will help?

I used windows to FTP my gift over, just thought it was easier. Load a window (My Computer) in the address bar type "FTP:\\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx - just change the x to your IP address.

User : root
Password : leave blank

Hope you get it sorted either way [emoji106]

Hi sucmnsee, Yes im after one that I can start from scratch any ideas ?
Hi, How did you get on? I've had no luck so far trying to flash back to scratch - have used 3 different USBs also tried with HDDGuru
do I start by flashing the bootloader - saw a post suggesting that 1st then the rest - can't seem to find that post I'm sure they managed to reset their box

Dont use bootloader as only is one.
it will be a usb issue. Sorrybif u know but make sure and FULL format with hddguru then FULL format with windows. Quick wont work on either

Hi iv just formated my zgemma h2s it had most of sky and was card sharin off the dish! But a format has wiped away everything how can I fix the problem or is there new tactics available now.?

I am in need to FIND OUT how I do a factory reset on the Zgemma H2S2 box.... That is the one thing I cant find FACTORY RESET lol... Ok I`m a fool asking this but I have know idea where it is on all the menu`s
HELP NEEDED PLEASE lol

Back