Zgemma Star 2s - Picture / HDMI Issue

phillhowz

Hi

this morning i couldn't get a picture on my box. Pulled the hdmi out and back in. Also tried another HDMI. Still no picture. It was coming up with Resolution not found (or something along those lines).

Done some searching but couldn't find anything, so i re-flashed the box. As soon as it started booting up i get a picture. Waited for it to boot and everything seemed like it was working. But soon i realised there was no sound. Checked a few settings but couldn't get the sound to work. Pulled the hdmi out, gave the port a little blow, back in the hdmi, no picture again. Cant get a picture. Havent tried another re-flash yet.

Flashed with sucmnsee image. used the same image to flash a few other boxes with no issues.

i think its the box, but any advice/help would be great.

Thanks,

With the sound press the audio button and it gives you 2 options change to the other one. Shouldn't really pulls the hdmi whilst it's on switch it off at the back so no power put the hdmi back in and see if that comes up

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

judetron - tried audio button for sound, nothing worked.

leader - will try that, didnt realise box needed to be off before i pulled hdmi (will note for future, thanks)

---------- Post Merged at 07:53 PM ----------

update.

box turned off. hdmi in, sat feeds in. Put in another hdmi port on tv. box turned on.

boxing booting up, picture on. No sound.

tried audio button. Digital downmix turned on. Channel - stereo. Only one selection below. 1 AC3. nothing else to select?

any thoughts,

Thanks again

if you know how to ftp to your box go to

/etc/enigma2

and download "settings"

open it up in something like notepad++ (google it)

edit
config.misc.videowizardenabled=false

to
config.misc.videowizardenabled=true

reupload to your box. reboot and the video wizard will show on next boot.

---------- Post Merged at 08:10 PM ----------

in fact if you say you have reflashed this shouldn't be a problem with the resolution

I would also try turning off your tv at the wall for a few minutes. Turn it back on with the zgemma on.

Kiddac - just re-flashed again, just to be sure. Still nothing, picture is fine. no sound.

downloaded the settings files as suggested, edited and re uploaded. rebooted. it just booted as normal... was the wizard meant to start?

what i have noticed (may be nothing but i haven't noticed it before) when booting up, it goes to 49 then the working sign comes up in the top left, goes back to zero then goes through the numbers as normal and boots up.... is this normal?

really stumped on this one.... grrrr!

also tuned tv off at wall with box on... turned back on after a few minutes and couldnt get a picture, rebooted box, picture working, no sound!

Last edited:
have you got hdmi cec turned on. (sorry I am atv man so don't know where it lives on vix) . If so, turn it off. And then try the volumes on your tv remote and, zgemma remote.

do you ever use headphones in it. Is it stuck in headphone mode.

Try some headphones in it and see if you get sound.

If you do, its just a case of wiggling a matching stick in the headphone socket until releases the connection.

nope never used headphone... didnt even know it had a headphone port? where is it? or is it one of the audio ports at the back?

aaaaah my bad.

nope tried that.

also just tried my dads box with same tv and hdmi lead, worked first time.

thinking its a problem with the box...

press yellow button when on the normal tv screen.

you should get this screen.

audio.jpg

downmix should be on

format should be ac3.

---------- Post Merged at 09:22 PM ----------

And that's me exhausted of solutions. other than give your hdmi port a good blow and then a good wiggle.

---------- Post Merged at 09:27 PM ----------

and press the mute button ;)

---------- Post Merged at 09:28 PM ----------

and I presume your tv has sound when on normal tv and not your box ?

haaaa... problem solved.... box gone out the window. No more issues.

tried all the above, checked settings. nothing no sound.

yes tv is deffo working. plugged another box in working no problem....

it must be the box, ill try and return it... wish me luck.

---------- Post Merged at 09:39 PM ----------

thanks for all your help also!! much appreciated.

I had the same issue before when flashed the image was set to 1080p and my other tvs was 1080i is your TV 1080p

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Back