zgemma-star 2s set up....

karl_bc

hey guys,

I just bought one of these boxes a few weeks back. I have seen them working so decided on buying one and setting it up myself.
I have watched a few youtube videos etc and I know very little still.
I have seen about flashing the box and different skins. and then obviously your line....
if anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated
thanks!

You have 2 choices:

1. Setup the box yourself following Kiddac's excellent Base bones setup guide - a link is in my signature

2. Install a pre-built image following some setup instructions. The most popular for your box are sucmnsee's Vix image and WooshBuild which is OpenATV. The 2S link to WooshBuild is in my signature, sucmnsee's build is available from the top of the 2S section.

thanks for the reply. i had a go last night using the barebones set up and was going well until i started adding plug ins and when i restarted it everytime i press the menu button it says something hasnt been installed correctly and goes to reboot

karl stick with it kiddacs guide is the best guide to set up atv image on the zgemma boxs and it dont get no better than this.
as he as coved every thing.
this is the best way to learn and gives u more under standing of how the zgemma boxs works.
if not theres all ways the great wooshbuild top of 2s form

Last edited:
thank you for the reply lee! I will go and have a look and a read at it before doing anymore to the box.
I think I need to learn abit more first of all.

---------- Post Merged at 06:20 PM ----------

hey I flashed my box last night following the base build instructions. I read about a few plug ins to install onto the box and then said to reboot after. now when my box boots up and I press menu it says there is an error and my box needs to reboot in 10 seconds and continually does this.
appreciate the help and this is my first time :butkiss:

I was using the guide to set up my zGemma 2s.
I'm not sure if I should have bought a line prior to doing the installation process and I haven't done this yet.
I followed the instructions to the point of installing plug ins and I rebooted the box and now everytime I click on menu it is showing a blue screen saying my receiver encountered a software problem and needs to be restarted.
please send the logfile /home/root/logs/enigma2_crash_xxxxxx.log to www.opena.tv
can anyone help me please?

I read about a few plug ins to install onto the box and then said to reboot after

There are no plugins to install when you flash BaseBuild, you just need to follow the intsructions.

1. Flash BasBuild
2. Initialise USB device
3. Create Swap file
4. Flash online and get WooshBuild

WooshBuild is 95% configured and what you do need to change is in the instructions. No where are you installing plugins.

i followed the kiddac instructions and flashed it with what was said there. then i got to the stage of installing plug ins... the permenant clock etc and asked me to reboot now when i do this and press the menu button it shows a blue screen saying the reciever has encountered a software problem. is there any way i can remove what i have started and going back to the very start again? sorry for being a pain i feel like im stuck and dont know what to do from here:damn:

---------- Post Merged at 08:06 AM ----------

20160523_185831.jpgthis is what i am getting if this helps

i followed the kiddac instructions and flashed it with what was said there. then i got to the stage of installing plug ins... the permenant clock etc and asked me to reboot now when i do this and press the menu button it shows a blue screen saying the reciever has encountered a software problem. is there any way i can remove what i have started and going back to the very start again? sorry for being a pain i feel like im stuck and dont know what to do from here:damn:

---------- Post Merged at 08:06 AM ----------

this is what i am getting if this helps

To go back to the very start you need to download the OpebATV nightly build for your box.

http://images2.mynonpublic.com/openatv/current/zgemmas2s/openatv-5.3-zgemmas2s-20160524_usb.zip

That link is for the 2S.

This isn't the place to be posting problems or asking questions non related to WooshBuild though I am afraid.

I appreciate that mate I'm just trying to get up on my feet with my box and will use the wooshbuild once I have the box back to the start again.
thanks again for the help

---------- Post Merged at 05:46 PM ----------

do I download this to my box through FileZilla or through usb onto the box?

I have squinted at your blurry screenshot and I think it mentions the dvd player. I have seen this problem before.

if you still have this problem install... try this

us filezilla to ftp into your box (see the barebones guide if you don't know how to do this)

Navigate to the plugins folder....

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins

then in either extensions or systemplugins. Delete the dvd player plugin folder. (it will be called dvd something).

Then turn you zgemma off at the back and back on again.

Hopefully that will fix your crash.

is there any other way of getting the ip address from the box because when I press menu that is when it is showing me the crash mate

yesss got it! I was able to navigate through using the blue button then into plug ins and removed from there. it was in the extensions section. thanks a lot for your help mate I appreciate it

I was going to say that woosh. I was like WTF is he on about.. ;)

How to get you ip address. er.... good point.

Do you know how to get into your router. It will tell you there.

or you can just guess by getting your laptops/computers local ip address.
Just type
cmd
ipconfig

and see what your computers ipv4 address is. and keep stepping up from that.

i.e 192.168.1.103

on your ftp client your username will be root and password just leave blank.

no problem mate I'm the new guy here torturing people probably. I got the crash fixed so going back to the guides to see if I can pick up where I left off or would you recommend starting from the beginning again?

default openatv installs dvd player. So if you start again you might have to remove it again before you continue. Just carry on where you left off.

Yeah not sure what happened.... I think I came from a like notification and clicked the wrong one. One of those days.

To find the ip address of the box you can try

open a command prompt as per kiddac

Then in the dos windows (black box - I loved dos) type: ping -a zgemmah2s

ping zgemmah2s - this is for the H2S box

or

ping zgemmah2h - this is for the H2H box

or

ping zgemmas2s - this is for the star S box

Providing your network is setup you will see the IP address of the box.

Back