ZGEMMA-STAR 2S vs Openbox V8S

Hi All

Wondering if anyone can steer me in the right direction - i have been offered a fully loaded Openbox V8S for 150 pounds fitted and fully working from someone reputable with on going updates when needed, but also a friend has mentioned a ZGEMMA STAR 2S for around the same price, i have not seen either in action but wondered what the best was and if the ZGEMMA was easy to update myself ie knowing where to get the updates from, I have heard of purchasing gifts but not sure what these are and whether they are ok to purchase ?

Any help would be great many thanks
Bobsterblue

I have both boxes but the V8S is basically now redundant, Zgemmas are far superior and when set up correctly a pleasure to use as your everyday TV box. Also my personal opinion that at £150 is paying way over the odds for a set up V8S box, you can get them for £70 from certain groups on Facebook.

I paid £70 for my Zgemma, flashed one of the pre-done openvix images, sorted my own gift from a group i trust for £30 and its being 100% spot on since March when i got it. I've added IPTV and dreamplex for all the extras i require for a small sub.

Best thing to do is loads of reading on here, google and join groups on Facebook.

Thanks Levy9 - after looking around at prices i to thought 150 was steep, what I need is a box that is easy to set up, and update whenever, there are lots of gifts on sale on popular websites but not sure if the are any good or not, how do i know who is reputable, can you elaborate on what IPTV and Dreamplex is ?

An IPTV and Plex sub is a bit further on from where your at now, basically you get get internet TV streamed through the Zgemma so you can get a whole load of sports channels and HD content if you connect to a supplier. The plex is a VOD subscription.

I think for now your after a standard gift, there is a section on this forum to request such things, i haven't done so instead i joined several Zgemma groups on Facebook and did my research from there, the advantage from that is you can see how good the supplier is from the comments left on the page.

The pre-done images will be set to auto update, if not its very simple to update manually just a few presses of the remote.

This is the first time ive been back on here for some months but i an see there's a real good user guide to flashing and adding a gift line further down this forum, when i started i was a total newbie but once i got my head around it i now find it very easy, i'm sure the same will apply for you.

IPTV and Dreamplex are plugins (extras) you can put on to watch movies, Tv and sport etc online through your Zgemma box. Don't bother with V8s boxes especially at that price !!! You can get the Zgemma 2s fully set up, plug and play, auto updated and with a line for 12 months for roughly the price you were given for V8s box.

Just image search the epg for both boxes. PM me if you want and will show you my set up for Zgemma.

Thanks for the reply I have been doing some research and yes £150 is expensive compared to what you can get with a Zgemma, the Epg looks excellent almost like Sly and with the ability to record to an external drive, I have had a quote for one for £130 fully set up, how reliable is the IPTV side ie for sports at 3pm ?
Also how often does it all go offline and whats the likelyhood of it going off for everyone at some point ?

£150 is about right for zgemma setup if it includes a gift with it and setup.

zgemma 2s £70+
usb flash drive £5+
quality gift 6 months £25+

The person will need to provide network cable and may have to run cable from lnb if no cable needed from lnb then £130 is about right

I have both boxes but the V8S is basically now redundant, Zgemmas are far superior and when set up correctly a pleasure to use as your everyday TV box. Also my personal opinion that at £150 is paying way over the odds for a set up V8S box, you can get them for £70 from certain groups on Facebook.

I paid £70 for my Zgemma, flashed one of the pre-done openvix images, sorted my own gift from a group i trust for £30 and its being 100% spot on since March when i got it. I've added IPTV and dreamplex for all the extras i require for a small sub.

Best thing to do is loads of reading on here, google and join groups on Facebook.

Hi Levy9,

Would you mind sharing the group that you trust for the £30 gifts?

Thanks

Dont get any box set up!!!!!!
£150 for a 2s pfft there about £50 odd quid get a line from here for £30 hdd £29.99 about £110.
For your initial £150 outlay you get all above but a h2s much faster box and more importantly you learn your way around the box instead of having to post on here all the time with questions.
My advice dont do it...

If you decide to get a Zgemma DON'T get a Star 2s that is the older/slower model, it's a H.2S you should be going for.

Back