Zgemma Star H2S or alternatives

H2s

Hi could Mister B or someone else kindly point me in the right direction for a H2S directly from the supplier?

Thanks,
Andrew

yep, i'm back, but rather than dwell on 'stuff' - if you let us know what info you wanted to know then I am sure we can help point you in the right direction !!

a few of us bought direct from the manufacturer and I for one am happy with mine - setting up is easy aswell, it even takes the slyk 1 skin and if you can follow on screen instructions then it shouldn't be an issue, I reckon some of the images that are also around might even work if you really cant get it going.

sucmnsee's image works with the h2s from the threads - so it should be really easy to set up now!

Hi could Mister B or someone else kindly point me in the right direction for a H2S directly from the supplier?

Thanks,
Andrew

yep, i'm back, but rather than dwell on 'stuff' - if you let us know what info you wanted to know then I am sure we can help point you in the right direction !!

a few of us bought direct from the manufacturer and I for one am happy with mine - setting up is easy aswell, it even takes the slyk 1 skin and if you can follow on screen instructions then it shouldn't be an issue, I reckon some of the images that are also around might even work if you really cant get it going.

sucmnsee's image works with the h2s from the threads - so it should be really easy to set up now!

hi, if you do a web search for information about ANY receiver then you should be able to find the manufacturer. it wouldn't surprise me though if the manufacturer of the h2s, airsat, stopped selling direct to 'members of the public' and started to concentrate on dealers, as theyre the ones who keep the business rolling by buying in bulk !! that's not any secret information, its just my personal thoughts !!

Did someone say the Sucmnsee images work on these boxes now?.?

I'm using open ATV, excellent box nice a quick. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I haven't tried an actual 'pre prepared image' but I have ts media, kodi, iptv player AND slyk 1 skin running on a h2s. mine came wIth openATV 4.1 which I updated to the latest 5.1. I also had to add softcam manager from the add ons via the set up menu and ftp mg.cam 1.35 and install via ipk installer. I also installed a bouquet maker - again from add ons and removed all the non uk bouquets using ftp programme. the only thing I would like different or like to change is the bouquets, but I just havent got round to doing it yet. I much preferred the bouquet set up/titling under mt pockets

so all the files that would normally could with a 'pre prepared' image work, I don't see why they wont work as part of a 'pre prepared image' install?

Because hardware is different. The image has hardware specific stuff for each box. Chipsets and drivers. I didnt think it would work.

The plugins etc are not box specific so can be added no probs

I suppose it depends on what you mean by image? when I say 'pre prepared image' I am referring to yours or MT's images which are both great bits of kit and come with everything anyone would need to get up and running. I assumed that your images were 'just' a collection of programmes/files bundled together over the top of an openATV or in your case a vix framework.

i understand that as your image changes the operating system to vix, then it prob does over write the settings etc of the pre installed openATV and therefore does need to control the specific hardware. but if an image is built over openATV then those hardware controls don't need to be changed?

Last edited:
Atv or vix are made for each box individually.
ie vu+ vix wont work on zgemma box etc.
Think of it as software on an imac wont work on an ipad

i think the confusion (probably all from my side) is what is termed an image - and what an image actually does! i thought the operating system was enigma2/Linux which operates the hardware (processor etc) and the software controlling those operating systems (image) was openATV (supported) or vix (un supported) with the add ons being programmes.

the 'pre prepared' packages such as yours and MT's (and a few others, fast n loud etc) were a complete previously setup bundle of programmes inc the latest updated software to control the operating system which makes it ten times easier to set up, rather than starting from scratch !

i had my star 2s set up alongside my h2s, the star was set up using mt pockets and the h2s from scratch. both had slyk 1 on them and as far as the end user is concerned, there was no tangible difference (as all they really see is the skin) in how it operates and what happens, its just that the h2s is a lot faster and the remote is more responsive, downloads are quicker, streaming is better BUT they didn't actually LOOK any different on screen !

since then and after a lot more confidence - i updated the star 2s to openATV 5.1 and set it up from scratch, they are now both identical as far as the end user is concerned other than the benefits highlighted above. if i had time to set the bouquets up properly - BOTH receivers would be perfect

Last edited:
just ordered mine! wednesday can't come quick enough! the deal breaker is the box is supposedly better at streaming, i use the ruya plugin on my 2s and have to reboot before i stream anything and even then its hit and miss, channels start but you know at some point its going to start freezing, and for a £130 sub that i pay I've had enough! so am i going to get a better experience with the h2s?

the h2s is so much better at streaming than the star 2s - but with a better dual processor you would expect to be, however im sure other things impact on its glitching. mine still glitches on shy tv every now and again and you get the odd freeze on movies (though its rare and if it happens i think its more to do with the provider of the move/download site, rather than the receiver)

Music to my ears MisterB! the 2s is great as a satellite receiver but it just isn't powerful enough to cope with iptv services comfortably so the extra power will be welcomed!

Hi Guys,
Just ordered a 2S today but reading above the "H.2S is considerably quicker than the 2S". This is my first purchase so I probably should have done some more research first but the price was good £62.49
Looking at the specs there doesn't appear to be a major difference while the SD card would be nice, they both have the same memory, Same cpu speed (750 MHz) but different processor bcm7358 vs bcm7362 so 1 vs 2 thread.
Going by that I cant imagine a huge difference but I have no experience with these boxes yet so is there really that much of a noticeable performance difference so much so that I should try to change the order?

Last edited:
Just for info - bcm7358 is 750 DMIPS and the bcm7362 is 2000 DMIPS... so more than twice as fast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back