Zgemma Star H5 FTA Two Tuner, SAT + Cable / T (H.265) Struggling to get cable up and running!

johnsonboro

I bought the Zgemma Star H5 FTA Two Tuner, SAT + Cable / T (H.265) the other day to run UK cable on. I've bought this on the basis that on the Zgemma website it does clearly say it's cable. I've tried everything I can to get up and running on Wooshbuild but nothing works when selecting channels on the EPG. Looking at the box, it says that it's a DVB-S2 + T2/C receiver which implies that it is for Satellite and Terrestrial but not cable.

Can anyone help me figure out if this box is going to work using cable? I have had a Zgemma Star H1 for a few years so although it's moved on a bit in terms of getting it up and running, I should be able to figure these things out!

Thanks in advance!

the C in the name T2/C means cable, so it cable ready

are you sure you have got the VM cable in the correct socket? - they normally don't screw in, rather they tend to use an F connector and insert in the rf socket

Fair point. To be honest, I just shoved the cable in the same place it was in the H1. I'll check that. At least I can try fixing this though rather than sending it back so thanks for getting back so quickly!

Check out the H2.H guide in my sig below, it may help - it's pretty much identical to set up.

Thanks guys. It was in the right socket but it is going through a splitter box with that cable and another going into my Tivo box (which I've never used!) so I'll play around with that and then use the H2.H guide from Ste thanks!!! I'll get there I'm sure!

Just looking through the H.2H guide. When I flashed Wooshbuild, it didn't load up the basebuild setup. It just went straight to Wooshbuild and I had to try and set up the rest through there. I could clearly see that my N line was set up OK so it made no sense as to why I wasn't seeing anything when selecting channels. I'm reformatting my usb and going to start from scratch again when it's finished doing the low level / FAT32 formatting.

you have set the correct netid haven't you? are you get anything ie without a line you can only get 1-5 sd as these are the only free to view channels on cable.

make sure you set the tuners up correctly, make sure you have the cable tuner enabled and virgin media uk as provider

I'll check those as well thanks. I wasn't even getting any FTA channels so I have a feeling it might be a connectivity issue as I'm sure I remember those working OK when I was setting up my H1 the first time around.

what type of splitters have you got in use, if any?

This is the one I have been using. I got it a few years back from Maplin or somewhere and it did work. I'm watching FTA on my old V+ box through one of the outputs so in theory it works!

Attachments

• splitter.jpg
    splitter.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 31
OK thanks, I can pick one of those up from Screwfix no worries but I'm happy to just bypass it all together for now thanks! I should really have the other device wired in just in case I guess!

OK, that's sorted now thanks! I'd just not set it up properly so going through the NET ID and provider parts sorted the problem out. Thanks for the help guys! As ever, this is the top place for help!

Back