Zgemma Star S - Hard Drive initialisation error?

jazz

I am trying to add a hard drive to my Zgemma 2S and I am getting an error when carrying out the initialisation option.

Error: Initialising storage device..Error.unmount can't forcibly unmount /media/hdd: Device or resource busy.

Any idea what is causing this error? and a possible fix please..

hd-error.jpg

I found a temporary fix. This problem is only present with the MT Pockets OpenATV 4.2 image. Changed to the Vix Hades Sucmnsee image and the initialisation worked ok with no problems..very strange

permanent fix is quite simple - this only happens if you're a little bit too slow at following the instructions to first of the instructions to take after flashing! This is because live pause is trying to write to a unintialised disk. Not to worry to sort this out......

Turn off the live pause by pressing MENU then go to Setup, Recording & Timeshift, Timeshift Settings, Now change the value for "Automatically start timeshift after" to Disabled and press GREEN to save. Use EXIT on your remote to get out of the menu. Change channel.

Now go back and follow the instruction for initialising your drive and check the mount point is media/hdd, then turn live pause back on and you're all set.

Last edited:
Mt pockets may have time shift enabled by default where as sucmnsee has it disabled if so all you need to do is disable timeshift and swap manager then initialize again and enable timeshift and swap file

Argg beet me to it lol

Thanks for the explanation.
I like the MT Pockets image so much, everything seems to load so much faster and there are no image cut offs with the EPG and other menus.

I have disabled timeshift but when i try to initialise the hdd I get the same error : unmount : unable to unmount

Hey Guys hope ye can help me with this,
i have a zgemma H2s have just flashed it with basebuild V5 (Slyk Skin) i have set up memory stick to record before and it worked but i have gotten a 2.5 inch 250 Gb HDD its in an enclosure usb powered, the zgemma sees the HDD but when i go to initialize it i keep getting a timeout its not the Hard drive as It works on a laptop I have formatted it to Ext 4 but still no luck i have reflashed the box but again no luck, What am i doing wrong ? what do i need to do to get this HDD working
any advice is greatly appreciated
Thanks

Hi guys,I too am having trouble with mounting and initialising my hdd when I try to mount the device I change from /media/sda1 to /media/hdd as I believe I should then it asks me to restart box but when rebooted it goes back to /media/sda1 would It be easier to get a new flash drive?

i would suggest to people that want to record to use either internal hdd or externally powered one initialized and ext3 - ext4

You don't need an external powered HD for this. 320 gig USB hard drive is 24 quid delivered. Plenty space and works perfect

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Back