zGemma Star S problem

psyCrowe

A friend bought me this box (star s) and I think it's been pre loaded with bluehd, all that's required is plug and play.

Was under the illusion I could connect it to my V****** M**** coax and it would work, apparently not.

Loaded box up then eventually get "service unavailable, check tuner configuration"

Mess about a bit to no avail.
Took it to a friend's who has legit S** TV with shotgun coax. Tried both ends, but same problem, however, it did find 40 channels, not run of the mill FTA channels, very strange ones.

Took it to my friends house to see if it would work. He has had the same box for a while and been working fine. Swapped them over, same error message.

What am I doing wrong here?
I think I need it connected to an external dish, as opposed to cables from the ground, so will be sorting out my existing dishes cables (as they were snipped before I moved in).

But I would assume the same problem will exist.

My friend who got me it seems to think plugging my VM coax into it has somehow scrambled it, rendering it useless and needing a reset.

Any help greatly appreciated.

As far as I'm aware, it's only a sat tuner, which is why I'm fixing my dish tomorrow.
(Edit: on the back it only has 1 tuner)

Tested at a house with Sly TV full package etc and error.
Tested at another house with same box, and same error again.

After doing a bit of digging, I think the zGemma H2H may be the best box for me, to combine my VM cable and external dish, although, if I could rectify this problem, it would be a good start.

Not sure if il be able to receive a refund from ebay

Back