zgemma star s2 box display digits

Theviewer

Hi all,
The front panel on my zgemma star s2 box only displays double zeros when operating.
Is there a way of getting the panel to display channel numbers or some other relevant information etc, because at the moment i see no benefit of having a display other than it counting up during boot up.

Cheers gang,

theviewer

go to plugins and download permanentvfd clock and then go to it in plugins menu and change values from false to true and save. restart reciever and you will have a clock displayed instead of 00

After following post above you'll be best off going to menu, system, setup, front, displaypanel, turn down brightness in standby because the time doesn't update in standby mode.

Thanks gang,
Regarding the question, "what image am I using"...no idea or where to find out. Your talking to someone who's last computer was a commodore 64....lol. I purchased a full plug and play option box so I couldn't make errors.
A little record led would be nice on the front panel or digits that tell you something interesting !!!!!!!!!
Tell me how to check it and i'll get back to you real soon......well soon !!!!!!!

Theviewer

You'll be using a Vix image, on ATV the display shows the current channel and when in standby keeps accurate time. If people will use unsupported images..... lol

fork out 400 noop on a vu+ duo 2 and you will have all the info you want on the front panels! iv even got the weather forcast on mine! lol

wish i had more money than sense! i bough the duo about two years ago for around 320 and by the time i bought another tuner to make it a quad tuner and a hard drive ya may as well say it cost 400 brick. thats why i love these zgemma boxes as there bascially the same as the duo but for a fraction of the price! fantasic value for money, i was sick when i first came across them, however the duo performs a lot better and faster, and of course has the ability to add internal hard drive and more tuners etc etc i could go on for a bit here but il not lol end of the day the zgemma does everything anybody would need.

yes mate will be interesting to see what the speed will be like, suposed to be quite a bit faster, it would really be a contender for the duo then!

Back