Zgemma star s2 Help

Ian1971

Hi there,

Have had the s2 for a month now and its been working fine, last couple of days have had the box freeze when watching and it just hang`s,i then have to restart the box and everything is fine but same thing happens next day. Any ideas what could be causing this? I did think it was the internet connection at first as that did keep dropping out but we just had fibre upgrade and not notice any problems on other equipment.

Hope someone has any ideas as its a cracking box apart from the above problem.

Thanks Ian

My thoughts as well. If it only freezes on encrypted channels you are looking at a line or internet problem. If it freezes on FTA (eg BBC) your looking at a box / software problem.

Only freezes on pay channels, have checked with line provider and they say all servers running ok, and I have another line for a open box and that is fine, both lines provided by same supplier.

How are you connected to Internet wifi, eathernet cable or home plugs if your sure it's not down to provider it could be usb or eathernet port or router if using cable see if you can use a different cable plugged into a different port on router. Or it could be a problem with port on box I'm just guessing at minute.

It's wired through eathernet and it's a new router, will try a different port on it see if that helps! Thanks for replies so far

Give your internet a good testing, I had a similar problem with connection dropping out, fault was at the exchange end

Is your EPG saving to a USB stick? As these boxes can slow/freeze when memory gets full with EPG, plugins, etc....go to menu, information, memory and see if its full

Will check internet out, epg is set to save to 320gb hard drive and on checking says its full. Will see if I reformat it and see if that helps. Thanks again for the replies.

Its always best to have a separate USB stick to save the EPG and Picons to, it does not need to be a large one.

Running these type of boxs for few years now and disagree they need seprtate usb for epg but each to their own lol

As for ful drive, press files list and delete trashcan

---------- Post Merged at 02:04 PM ----------

As for dropouts in internet, if the new service has startef within 0-14 days its still trying to gauge ur stable speed. Should settle after 14 days.

Hi hope someone can help.. For some reason, my last ABM scan has put all sly and encrypted HD channels back on my Bouquets! The Sly HD is set to NO in ABM settings so I can't figure out why they have appeared. Thanks

Did all that was advised above but would still freeze, I ended up plugging the box into a plug in timer and set it to switch off at 00:00 and back on again at 00:10.

I did reflash the box with atv5.3 from the download section, don't know if that has helped as well but box does seem more stable.

Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Hi I'm wondering if anyone can help my my kids have been messing about on the zgemma star 2s and press factory reset I've been told I will have to put a new image on how would I do that

Back