zgemma-star s2 set up for non tech savvy workmate

Pr3dat0r

Hi Guys, one of my workmates heard me discussing setting up kodi on a firestick and asked if i could have a look at setting it up on her wee black box she bought to watch movies on.

I said "aye bring it in and i will set kodi up" thinking it was a generic android tv box but she presented me with a s2.

I had never heard of these boxes before and was intrigued to get stuck in to this new gadget and see what it can do a few hours later and i figured out how to get it off boot mode and loaded OpenATV and think here we go, scanned the channels found about 900 channels but couldn't get anything on screen.

I'm going to try and load wooshbuild as that seems pretty straight forward but I've seen lots of references to cccam and clines Itake it this is like a subscription but when i search on line loads of websites advertising various rated from £2.50 on ebay to £100 on some websites what is a reasonable price to pay and how do i know its not a rip off?

any advice greatly received

if i get this working i'm already eyeing up one for myself

First of all you do realise this is a satellite box so needs a satellite dish and coax cable.

Have a read of my barebones guide in the stickies. Lots of useful information in there for noobs.

and request a 24 hour test line here. Also read ALL the stickies in the general satellite section.

http://www.techkings.org/general-sa...commend-good-server-satellite-april-only.html

---------- Post Merged at 11:21 PM ----------

and default zgemma is openatv with german channels. So you will have to delete the german bouquets (channels) first.

If you install a backup build like whooshes, everything will already be set up including the channels, so just a case of obtaining your line.

Hi thanks for getting back to me. Yeah I'm aware it's a satellite box I have it connected to my skydish I've just realised I didn't have it connected up correctly I had one of the fconectors connected to loop and nothing going into input a

Nortal start your own thread. Post new thread button bottom left of the forum. And we need details of what you tried and why its failed. Dont hijack other peoples posts with totally different problem

Back