zgemma stopped working

s40

hi people can anyone please help my 2s box for some reason the picture just froze but i could still get the sound so i turned it off then it was stuck on boot now there is just the red remote light on the front ov box ,now the tv screen is blank saying no signal from box there is power to the box ,as i say the remote light is on plus it wont turn off via remote, any help would be gratefull

many thanks

Id try to force it to reflash the firmware.
To save yourself a ton of trouble, look for the thread with the sucmnsee image file - download the file, and follow the idiot proof instructions and see if it brings the box back to life.
The box CAN be funny with usb sticks, and I was one of those who had to do a low level format then a full windows format on my stick before the zgemma would recognise it and start the automated flash process.

agree with RustyMG but sometimes box a little funny about reflashing in which case just flash the bootloader on it's own before flashing a backup.

I take it you tried just removing the USB to make sure it's not the USB that's corrupt?

hi people apparently the box is bricked been advised of a good friend on on here and been directed what to do will try tomorrow

many thanks

Good news - no such things as a permanent brick on the Zgemmas only a reflash will be needed either using one of the backups on here and if that fails flash the bootloader first... If it's anything else it will be a first I've heard of.....

Back