zgemma storage

maccastar

hi guys dose anyone know if it is possible to use my seagate personal cloud network drive to store movies and recordings from my zgemma s2 ?

Yes you just setup a network share on the Zgemma to be able to send your recording to the seagate

Yes you just setup a network share on the Zgemma to be able to send your recording to the seagate
How would you do that? I have a 12TB NAS box on my home network - I quite like the sound of sending my recordings to that? Would it be quick enough?

here i am using the OpenATV image so i would press Blue Button

Net1.jpg

got to the mounts setup and press ok on network browser to scan for your Nas,Cloud etc

Net 2.jpg

Then press the scan to start searching for your network shares (cifs mount)

Net 3.jpg

Once its found all your network shares etc it will ask for user/pass if you so desire

Net 4.jpg

then just add your network share folder to your NAS,Cloud etc.. job done

Net 5.jpg

I've a Raspberry Pi B setup as a very economically always on Server for music that my phone / other RPi2 / Android Box can access Music and some Episodes. Has anyone tried to record direct to USB mounted on a networked Raspberry Pi? Thinking it would be handy for other devices to access recorded programs.

Cannot get my zgemma to stop rebooting when I goto file list to see nas recordings error looks like can't find certain files then reboots any ideas ?

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Cannot get my zgemma to stop rebooting when I goto file list to see nas recordings error looks like can't find certain files then reboots any ideas ?

Re initialise the disk, and then confirm the location of your recordings and timeshift in the relevant menu settings

Re initialise the disk, and then confirm the location of your recordings and timeshift in the relevant menu settings
Needed a reflash pal thanks for the help tho , all up and running now. For some reason when manually browsing the box had found an old network file share that was no longer there as it couldn't archive it it just sent it into reboot . Reflashed and all is well not sure time shift works on the nas tho I've currently only set recordings to go to it anyone else's work with time shift

I've a Raspberry Pi B setup as a very economically always on Server for music that my phone / other RPi2 / Android Box can access Music and some Episodes. Has anyone tried to record direct to USB mounted on a networked Raspberry Pi? Thinking it would be handy for other devices to access recorded programs.

Have you tried connecting your mount to your RaspberryPi ?
I use my RaspberryPi as a Plex media server. Didn't think about recording to it till now.
If you have it recording to the RaspberryPi what format do you see it record in ?
I'm thinking of giving it ago...

Back